1994 Mazda 626 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 626 model:
Love this car!
By jeff82501 on 01/27/14 14:28 PM (PST)

1994 Mazda 626 Sedan ES V6 4dr Sedan

Honestly I've read a lot of bad reviews on here but this is probably one of my all time favorite cars. It was more comfortable than my 08 Toyota Camry, however it's a little short on storage with a very small console and small glove box, the cup holders also have a lot to be desired. For a 1994 it's probably one of the most stylish and still fits in as a modern looking vehicle today. The Manual Transmission was strong throughout the entire time I owned it. I bought my 626 with 50,000 miles and sold it with 320,000. It never left me stranded, the only repairs I ever had done were just routine maintenance such as spark plugs, tires, belts, shocks struts etc. It has been an absolute pleasure

Average 626
By ajmcgee on 02/10/10 11:57 AM (PST)

1994 Mazda 626 Sedan ES V6 4dr Sedan

I of course bought this car used and the previous owner did not take care of it, but since I got it I had to replace: front A frames, sparks plugs and wires, rear and side motor mounts, exoste, and the normal repairs (rotors;tires;brakes;etc.) In general it is a very nice car, after the previous abuse it still runs fairly well. It does shift hard though. And only recently has the motor sounded louder.

Good if you can afford it
By J2 on 08/29/08 08:20 AM (PDT)

1994 Mazda 626 Sedan ES V6 4dr Sedan

I got this car from my grandfather. It's a good enough car until you have to fix something. When the transmission died on me, every mechanic I called said that they didn't really want to mess with it. It finally got replaced at the cost of $2300. Parts for the car are almost impossible to find, and when I could find them they were really expensive. Body style is great and can stand up to anything. If you buy the car in silver, paint it immediately or it will look bad. Sound system is wonderful especially with a cassette adapter. Overall though, I cant wait to get rid of this car so I can get something I can afford to repair.

My Favorite Car
By Alfreda Brown on 08/17/08 18:37 PM (PDT)

1994 Mazda 626 Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

I have 186,000 miles on my Mazda 626 and I am very fond of her performance. The engine runs quietly and reminds me of a purring kitten while being driven. It runs smoothly and is powerful while driving. It reminds me of a turbo engine. I am very pleased with it and will keep it as long as she continues to be a reliable vehicle.

Reliable, but ugly and falling apart
By Lentukwilla on 01/22/07 16:27 PM (PST)

1994 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I needed a 'beater' for a year, and it filled that role well. The paint was in terrible shape, with the clearcoat cracking or 'lifting' to give it a very oxidized look. The car never let me down, there were no real problems despite over 160K miles. It did have a lot of small noises, rattles, squeaks, and other annoyances. As soon as I stopped working from home I got rid of it...I couldn't let others ride in this thing!

No more Ford Knockoffs
By PickyFanatic on 11/07/06 21:19 PM (PST)

1994 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car to replace my beater Integra. I knew that this was a Ford, but I felt good about the Mazda 4 cylinder. The auto transmission had been replaced before I bought it @130K, since then I'm on MY 3rd transmission; NEW, not rebuilt units. I spent over $3K on the 2nd transmission. I only paid $2300 for the car! Also the motor is burning oil, the a/c doesn't work,yellowed headlights. I had numerous electrical problems. It is currently sitting in my driveway for the last 5 months. It will not stay running, so I'm trying to sell it. I'll end up giving it away and I'll NEVER get my money back that I've put into it. It was a waste of money and a waste of my time. I now drive an Accord daily.

Fun to Drive, good MPG
By Kaka on 06/15/06 22:05 PM (PDT)

1994 Mazda 626 Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

I have mine with all options, Leather, sunroof, power window, central lock, ABS, V6 2.5L, 4 wheel disc brake...and the most important...5 speed manual. This car so much better than Honda Accord. Has a lot of power but still have good MPG. My wife's car is Honda Accord 97. It's an automatic; it seems lame, bored, doesn't have power and has worse MPG even though the Honda has smaller engine (2.2L). This Mazda 626 has better suspension and better build quality compare to Accord. I bought this car based my experience with my previous car, a Mazda Protege LX 1.8L. It has all options. Has more than 200.000 miles but the engine still run like new...bravo Mazda. My next car probably will be a MazdaSpeed 6.

Great First Car
By lococrzy on 01/12/06 18:58 PM (PST)

1994 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Wow I love my car; itís my first car. It is great and very reliable. I have never had any serious problems with it. I drive it every where in So Cal. The tranny needs improvement and in my case the green paint job is bad because the clear coat is peeling off of the car, but other that those two thing the car is great. It is the perfect car for a teen in my opinion. It is safe and reliable and maintenance isn't expensive either. My parents bought my car for $1500 with only 114,000 miles on it. This car has been wonderful in comparison to my friend's 1996 Taurus that broke down with severe engine trouble and got fixed and just recently broke down with electrical and tranny problems. Iím glad I have it.

Great Ride
By zweave on 04/10/05 22:29 PM (PDT)

1994 Mazda 626 Sedan ES V6 4dr Sedan

Bought in Jan.2005 with only 70k miles. Drives like new. With only minor performance upgrades, I sometimes chirp wheels from 1st to 2nd without trying (and I have an automatic!). Near sports-car performance in a luxury sedan.

This car stinks
By Steve on 01/09/05 16:32 PM (PST)

1994 Mazda 626 Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

We have had nothing but trouble since we bought this car. First the transmission went. Then it was the water pump. Then all 4 shocks and ball joints needed to be replaced. We only had to replace the front 2 ball joints. The engine in this car feels like a piece of junk. So far it has died twice on the highway and once at home.