1994 Mazda 626 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 626 model:
My Favorite Car
By Alfreda Brown on 08/17/08 18:37 PM (PDT)

1994 Mazda 626 LX V6 4dr Sedan

I have 186,000 miles on my Mazda 626 and I am very fond of her performance. The engine runs quietly and reminds me of a purring kitten while being driven. It runs smoothly and is powerful while driving. It reminds me of a turbo engine. I am very pleased with it and will keep it as long as she continues to be a reliable vehicle.

Fun to Drive, good MPG
By Kaka on 06/15/06 22:05 PM (PDT)

1994 Mazda 626 LX V6 4dr Sedan

I have mine with all options, Leather, sunroof, power window, central lock, ABS, V6 2.5L, 4 wheel disc brake...and the most important...5 speed manual. This car so much better than Honda Accord. Has a lot of power but still have good MPG. My wife's car is Honda Accord 97. It's an automatic; it seems lame, bored, doesn't have power and has worse MPG even though the Honda has smaller engine (2.2L). This Mazda 626 has better suspension and better build quality compare to Accord. I bought this car based my experience with my previous car, a Mazda Protege LX 1.8L. It has all options. Has more than 200.000 miles but the engine still run like new...bravo Mazda. My next car probably will be a MazdaSpeed 6.

Common Sense
By Zuke on 09/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mazda 626 LX V6 4dr Sedan

We bought this car when it already over 10 years old and about to crest 150K miles. So far we've replaced the front tires, the negative battery lead, and a headlight bulb. It has incredible pickup and a good, stiff suspension. Body and panels are still tight and well maintained. Last owner obviously took care of it. If you bought a used car that already had damage to it, do you think it will somehow be all better because you own it now? It still has years of abuse, so don't judge it on how the last owner did not maintain it well.

not the best car ever...................
By dragstergirl on 12/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mazda 626 LX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought my 626 2 years ago, thinking Id found a quality vehicle. But since I bought it, Ive had to replace 2 front axles, tie-rods, crank seals, cam seals, oil pressure pump, brakes needed work twice, rear sway bar, all the drive belts, the entire exhaust system had to be replaced,new ignition module, and there's a lot of other repairs Ive made to it. Ive basically bought the car over again, after all the cash I spent on it. It has a lot of zip, so its fun to drive but it doesnt have the tightest ride. Overall, a disappointment.

360,000 Km and still going strong
By IndyIan on 07/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mazda 626 LX V6 4dr Sedan

A good car overall. Anyone who drives it usually remarks on how smooth and quick the V6 is compared to even new cars. It has gone through 2 water pumps and is starting to get some extra 'old car' noises but it keeps on going. It also tows a 1000lb trailer quite easily and the 'hold' function on the auto tranny is useful for towing. The tranny is starting to shift a bit harshly but still seems robust. We've had other cars that shifted the same way and never failed.

What a waste!
By tea man on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mazda 626 LX V6 4dr Sedan

What a waste of money this car was. New it already had warped brakes, but later it needed new ignition wires 15k miles, new O2 sensors -both, new CV joints both sides, new lower control arm 1-side, new paint, new oil pressure sensor, new thermostat. Hey the care still starts and gets me where I need to go. At least it did this morning.

a reliable friend
By beverly on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mazda 626 LX V6 4dr Sedan

I just sold this car with 142,000 miles on it and it was still riding like a new car....no rattles, shimmies or shakes and still tight on the road.