Used 1994 Mazda 626 LX V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 626 model:

My Favorite Car
By Alfreda Brown

1994 Mazda 626 LX V6 4dr Sedan

I have 186,000 miles on my Mazda 626 and I am very fond of her performance. The engine runs quietly and reminds me of a purring kitten while being driven. It runs smoothly and is powerful while driving. It reminds me of a turbo engine. I am very pleased with it and will keep it as long as she continues to be a reliable vehicle.

Strong engine, sporty look, alloy wheels. Enjoy radio and speaker system. Great AC system and blows out very cold despite the age of the car.

Headliner has fallen down. Better glue to keep headliner in place. Unable to read the digital display on the radio and clock. It would be nice to improve those areas. Exterior paint has faded. Suggest improvement.

Fun to Drive, good MPG
By Kaka

1994 Mazda 626 LX V6 4dr Sedan

I have mine with all options, Leather, sunroof, power window, central lock, ABS, V6 2.5L, 4 wheel disc brake...and the most important...5 speed manual. This car so much better than Honda Accord. Has a lot of power but still have good MPG. My wife's car is Honda Accord 97. It's an automatic; it seems lame, bored, doesn't have power and has worse MPG even though the Honda has smaller engine (2.2L). This Mazda 626 has better suspension and better build quality compare to Accord. I bought this car based my experience with my previous car, a Mazda Protege LX 1.8L. It has all options. Has more than 200.000 miles but the engine still run like new...bravo Mazda. My next car probably will be a MazdaSpeed 6.

The engine; the V6 2.5L has a lot of power and good MPG. The 5 speed transmission is so strong; probably because they were built by Japanese Mazda. The auto transmissions were built by Ford ... so you know the quality.

The paint and 6 speed manual.

Common Sense
By Zuke

1994 Mazda 626 LX V6 4dr Sedan

We bought this car when it already over 10 years old and about to crest 150K miles. So far we've replaced the front tires, the negative battery lead, and a headlight bulb. It has incredible pickup and a good, stiff suspension. Body and panels are still tight and well maintained. Last owner obviously took care of it. If you bought a used car that already had damage to it, do you think it will somehow be all better because you own it now? It still has years of abuse, so don't judge it on how the last owner did not maintain it well.

Powerful engine (for its size/weight), decent MPG for a V6, nice sound system.

Tilt steering wheel and adjustable seat height ovbiously made with shorter people in mind (I'm 6'3") Paint starting to wear through, we can see the machining marks under the base coat.

not the best car ever...................
By dragstergirl

1994 Mazda 626 LX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought my 626 2 years ago, thinking Id found a quality vehicle. But since I bought it, Ive had to replace 2 front axles, tie-rods, crank seals, cam seals, oil pressure pump, brakes needed work twice, rear sway bar, all the drive belts, the entire exhaust system had to be replaced,new ignition module, and there's a lot of other repairs Ive made to it. Ive basically bought the car over again, after all the cash I spent on it. It has a lot of zip, so its fun to drive but it doesnt have the tightest ride. Overall, a disappointment.

probably the factory stereo and the heated mirrors.

body style, general reliability.

360,000 Km and still going strong
By IndyIan

1994 Mazda 626 LX V6 4dr Sedan

A good car overall. Anyone who drives it usually remarks on how smooth and quick the V6 is compared to even new cars. It has gone through 2 water pumps and is starting to get some extra 'old car' noises but it keeps on going. It also tows a 1000lb trailer quite easily and the 'hold' function on the auto tranny is useful for towing. The tranny is starting to shift a bit harshly but still seems robust. We've had other cars that shifted the same way and never failed.

The swing vents are nice. The V6 and the gear ratios that suit it. The variable intake runners, gives a nice rush above 5000rpm. ABS works very well.