1994 Mazda 626 2.5L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Love this car!
By jeff82501

1994 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

Honestly I've read a lot of bad reviews on here but this is probably one of my all time favorite cars. It was more comfortable than my 08 Toyota Camry, however it's a little short on storage with a very small console and small glove box, the cup holders also have a lot to be desired. For a 1994 it's probably one of the most stylish and still fits in as a modern looking vehicle today. The Manual Transmission was strong throughout the entire time I owned it. I bought my 626 with 50,000 miles and sold it with 320,000. It never left me stranded, the only repairs I ever had done were just routine maintenance such as spark plugs, tires, belts, shocks struts etc. It has been an absolute pleasure

Favorite Features

Osculating Vents, Very Very comfortable interiors, stylish exterior.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders, Storage

Average 626
By ajmcgee

1994 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

I of course bought this car used and the previous owner did not take care of it, but since I got it I had to replace: front A frames, sparks plugs and wires, rear and side motor mounts, exoste, and the normal repairs (rotors;tires;brakes;etc.) In general it is a very nice car, after the previous abuse it still runs fairly well. It does shift hard though. And only recently has the motor sounded louder.

Favorite Features

Stock stereo, leather seating,and sun roof.

Suggested Improvements

More reliable transmissions.

Good if you can afford it
By J2

1994 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

I got this car from my grandfather. It's a good enough car until you have to fix something. When the transmission died on me, every mechanic I called said that they didn't really want to mess with it. It finally got replaced at the cost of $2300. Parts for the car are almost impossible to find, and when I could find them they were really expensive. Body style is great and can stand up to anything. If you buy the car in silver, paint it immediately or it will look bad. Sound system is wonderful especially with a cassette adapter. Overall though, I cant wait to get rid of this car so I can get something I can afford to repair.

Favorite Features

Sound system, acceleration (can smoke most sports cars), stock exhaust sounds great, its a Mazda so it will last a long time.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the HOLD button, make parts cheaper and more available, make home repairs easier.

Great Ride
By zweave

1994 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

Bought in Jan.2005 with only 70k miles. Drives like new. With only minor performance upgrades, I sometimes chirp wheels from 1st to 2nd without trying (and I have an automatic!). Near sports-car performance in a luxury sedan.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, high-performance 4-wheel antilock disc brakes, stereo system, luxury interior.

Suggested Improvements

Less body lean through turns, better cup holders, larger wheels (15" wheels appear undersized).

good
By nic

1994 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

good to drive, i lvoe it. as good as my volvo.

Favorite Features

no repairs yet :)

Suggested Improvements

didnt take to mechanic, cant say

great car
By Catherine

1994 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

value for money, luxury vehicle, space, speed.

Favorite Features

shape, comfy, power stuff

Suggested Improvements

none, fuel consumption?

good
By Nic

1994 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

good to drive, i lvoe it. as good as my volvo.

Favorite Features

no repairs yet :)

Suggested Improvements

didnt take to mechanic, cant say

A good relaible car
By ZoomZoom

1994 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

A very good and reliable car, never let me down ever. Lucky to have the machine, smooth and silent, V6 zooms like a rocket and room for a whole family. Build is sturdy and comfy. No repairs to date, but I do maintain with regular oil changes and checks. $20 per three months and 626 is your friend for life.

Favorite Features

V6 24v, power, sturdy, all power, dolby sound system, space, silent engine, smooth luxury ride.

Suggested Improvements

Very satisfied, nothing more is expected.

Trustworthy car
By Car Wizard

1994 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

I had owned two cars before and this is the best. The engine is very smooth, proving the V6 power, double overhead camshifts with 24 valves renders a smooth drive I have never experienced with most of the cars I have driven, except BMW 324i. The automatic transmission is smooth at high speeds and the engine is unbelievably silent at very high speeds too. The brakes are excellent and relaible like a rock. There is lot of room inside the car and five 6 ft guys can sit in, comfortably. It never gave me any repairs surprisingly, considering my poor maintenance. One helluva car I fell in love with.

Favorite Features

Quick acceleration. Smooth braking. Power and silence combined. Spacious. Sexy looking. Comfortable seating. Durable and reliable for life. Japanese engine work.

Suggested Improvements

The electrical maintenance light glows for no reason. Just ignore it in all Mazda's.

I LOVE MY 626
By 626lover

1994 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

I love my car. I have had it for two years now, and I had to replace the distributor 2 weeks after buying, then nothing until last month, I had to replace the alternator and I am now replacing the driver side window switch. But I do love it. I can go off road with it, and race if I wanted. I got it to 111 in the quarter mile. I haven't seen any good looking rims on this car yet. I would suggest this car to EVERYONE!

Favorite Features

leather, cruise, sounds system is nice if you just replace the tape deck with a decent CD player, moon roof, and everything is auto.

Suggested Improvements

They need to lower the prices of replacement parts. My car is too expensive to fix. the distributor was 600 with labor. Alternator was 400 with labor. Switch is around 400 with labor.