Used 1994 Mazda 626 ES V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 626 model:

Love this car!
By jeff82501

1994 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

Honestly I've read a lot of bad reviews on here but this is probably one of my all time favorite cars. It was more comfortable than my 08 Toyota Camry, however it's a little short on storage with a very small console and small glove box, the cup holders also have a lot to be desired. For a 1994 it's probably one of the most stylish and still fits in as a modern looking vehicle today. The Manual Transmission was strong throughout the entire time I owned it. I bought my 626 with 50,000 miles and sold it with 320,000. It never left me stranded, the only repairs I ever had done were just routine maintenance such as spark plugs, tires, belts, shocks struts etc. It has been an absolute pleasure

Favorite Features

Osculating Vents, Very Very comfortable interiors, stylish exterior.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders, Storage

Average 626
By ajmcgee

1994 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

I of course bought this car used and the previous owner did not take care of it, but since I got it I had to replace: front A frames, sparks plugs and wires, rear and side motor mounts, exoste, and the normal repairs (rotors;tires;brakes;etc.) In general it is a very nice car, after the previous abuse it still runs fairly well. It does shift hard though. And only recently has the motor sounded louder.

Favorite Features

Stock stereo, leather seating,and sun roof.

Suggested Improvements

More reliable transmissions.

Good if you can afford it
By J2

1994 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

I got this car from my grandfather. It's a good enough car until you have to fix something. When the transmission died on me, every mechanic I called said that they didn't really want to mess with it. It finally got replaced at the cost of $2300. Parts for the car are almost impossible to find, and when I could find them they were really expensive. Body style is great and can stand up to anything. If you buy the car in silver, paint it immediately or it will look bad. Sound system is wonderful especially with a cassette adapter. Overall though, I cant wait to get rid of this car so I can get something I can afford to repair.

Favorite Features

Sound system, acceleration (can smoke most sports cars), stock exhaust sounds great, its a Mazda so it will last a long time.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the HOLD button, make parts cheaper and more available, make home repairs easier.

Great Ride
By zweave

1994 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

Bought in Jan.2005 with only 70k miles. Drives like new. With only minor performance upgrades, I sometimes chirp wheels from 1st to 2nd without trying (and I have an automatic!). Near sports-car performance in a luxury sedan.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, high-performance 4-wheel antilock disc brakes, stereo system, luxury interior.

Suggested Improvements

Less body lean through turns, better cup holders, larger wheels (15" wheels appear undersized).

great car
By Catherine

1994 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

value for money, luxury vehicle, space, speed.

Favorite Features

shape, comfy, power stuff

Suggested Improvements

none, fuel consumption?