Used 1994 Mazda 626 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 626 model:

Love this car!
By jeff82501

1994 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

Honestly I've read a lot of bad reviews on here but this is probably one of my all time favorite cars. It was more comfortable than my 08 Toyota Camry, however it's a little short on storage with a very small console and small glove box, the cup holders also have a lot to be desired. For a 1994 it's probably one of the most stylish and still fits in as a modern looking vehicle today. The Manual Transmission was strong throughout the entire time I owned it. I bought my 626 with 50,000 miles and sold it with 320,000. It never left me stranded, the only repairs I ever had done were just routine maintenance such as spark plugs, tires, belts, shocks struts etc. It has been an absolute pleasure

Osculating Vents, Very Very comfortable interiors, stylish exterior.

Cupholders, Storage

Average 626
By ajmcgee

1994 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

I of course bought this car used and the previous owner did not take care of it, but since I got it I had to replace: front A frames, sparks plugs and wires, rear and side motor mounts, exoste, and the normal repairs (rotors;tires;brakes;etc.) In general it is a very nice car, after the previous abuse it still runs fairly well. It does shift hard though. And only recently has the motor sounded louder.

Stock stereo, leather seating,and sun roof.

More reliable transmissions.

Good if you can afford it
By J2

1994 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

I got this car from my grandfather. It's a good enough car until you have to fix something. When the transmission died on me, every mechanic I called said that they didn't really want to mess with it. It finally got replaced at the cost of $2300. Parts for the car are almost impossible to find, and when I could find them they were really expensive. Body style is great and can stand up to anything. If you buy the car in silver, paint it immediately or it will look bad. Sound system is wonderful especially with a cassette adapter. Overall though, I cant wait to get rid of this car so I can get something I can afford to repair.

Sound system, acceleration (can smoke most sports cars), stock exhaust sounds great, its a Mazda so it will last a long time.

Get rid of the HOLD button, make parts cheaper and more available, make home repairs easier.

My Favorite Car
By Alfreda Brown

1994 Mazda 626 LX V6 4dr Sedan

I have 186,000 miles on my Mazda 626 and I am very fond of her performance. The engine runs quietly and reminds me of a purring kitten while being driven. It runs smoothly and is powerful while driving. It reminds me of a turbo engine. I am very pleased with it and will keep it as long as she continues to be a reliable vehicle.

Strong engine, sporty look, alloy wheels. Enjoy radio and speaker system. Great AC system and blows out very cold despite the age of the car.

Headliner has fallen down. Better glue to keep headliner in place. Unable to read the digital display on the radio and clock. It would be nice to improve those areas. Exterior paint has faded. Suggest improvement.

Reliable, but ugly and falling apart
By Lentukwilla

1994 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

I needed a 'beater' for a year, and it filled that role well. The paint was in terrible shape, with the clearcoat cracking or 'lifting' to give it a very oxidized look. The car never let me down, there were no real problems despite over 160K miles. It did have a lot of small noises, rattles, squeaks, and other annoyances. As soon as I stopped working from home I got rid of it...I couldn't let others ride in this thing!

Reliable, decent gas mileage.

Ugly, very poor quality paint (I had the dark green), lots of rattles and squeaks.