Used 1993 Mazda 626 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 626 model:

So far so good
By youonxi

1993 Mazda 626 Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

This is my 1st car i ever own, so I don't have any car to compare with.. The speaker is great, I don't even think of the replacement of the speaker. I like the power sunroof and power windows, plenty of legs space for driver. Good acceleration (4 cyl, 5 speed manuel). Engine is a bit noisy. I hope this car goes fine until i graduate.

Favorite Features

Speaker, stability, manuel, sunroof, comform

Suggested Improvements

Door lock( It frozen a few time in winter)

Best Car Ever !!!!!!!!!
By S.A.T.

1993 Mazda 626 Sedan ES V6 4dr Sedan

THE MAZDA 626 ES V6 IS THE BEST CAR BECAUSE ITS ONE OF THE BEST FRONT WHEEL DRIVE CARS MADE ITS FASTER THEN THE TOYOTA CANARY AND A LITTLE SLOWWER THEN THE HONDA ACCORD BUT THE MAZDA IS 5000 DOLLORS CHEAPER SO BY A MAZDA 626 ES V6 MANUAL AND HAVE A CAR THAT WILL LAST OVER A DECADED OR

Favorite Features

THE WHOLE CAR

Suggested Improvements

NONE

My First Ride
By Agenda_Suicide

1993 Mazda 626 Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

It's agreat car, fast, and looks great!

Favorite Features

I love the exterior design...Body shape is excellent...

Suggested Improvements

i think it could be more fuel efficient, and interior design could get spiced up just a little.

214k and running
By rick9000

1993 Mazda 626 Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

At 100K the engine developed a ticking valve noise. Replaced HLA's and Oil pump >>> didn't fix the problem. Decided to just drive it until the engine Kaputs... It is now 214k and the engine still ticks when it iddles too long...I guess it doesn't bother me too much other than being a cosmetic thing. Have replaced muffler system (cheap), brakes, and an intake air gasket that was causing a poor iddle. Guess what? Stuff will break on your car, but hopefully your car was built on a Tuesday so that it won't be a Lemon. Oh yea, Consumer Reports said this car was really bad---- go figure--- at 214k I think it is a great car for the money.

Favorite Features

peppy motor w/5 speed. oscillating vents decent radio

Suggested Improvements

fix oils pump design to prevent valve ticking. fix specs on 1st to 2nd gear to prevent bad meshing.

Not a bad car
By jg3

1993 Mazda 626 Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new in '92 and it has been great for me. I has been to Alaska and back, but not without problems. I have replaced the muffler 2x and most of the exhaust system, and the a/c compressor. Doors do not like frozen moisture and keys can bend easily. It gets 34MPG hyw and it loves hills (man trans)Good driver leg room. At 160k the paint is beginning to wearoff. When I replace it I hope to find a car just as good.

Favorite Features

Drivers seat, Fuel economy, acceleration, reliability, folding seats, and heating system.

Suggested Improvements

Make windshild wipers standard size, better door and key design, beter exhaust and ac system