1993 Mazda 626 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 626 model:
Going..going...going
By Pontiac_9617 on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda 626 Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

My Mazda has been good to me. I bought it used and I got it with 140,000 and it now has 161,860 . I have put a new exhaust system on it, which has already began to fall apart . Also a new distrubutor . It has been a tough car, and I must say I havent been easy with it. I have been in two accidents, 1st one did'nt help with bald tires and the second one I was doing 95mph and the car lost grip in the rain.. and out of a 95mph accident it only dented my passenger doors. The car is firm and well built. From me not taking care of it I have caused it to burn oil. I'm in the market for a Pontiac Grand Am.

My Awesome 626
By dblackjr on 07/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This is a fun, sporty, family sedan! I love my 626. Mine is loaded with options like moonroof, cd changer, anti- lock brakes, heated mirrors, alarm/keyless entry, alloy wheels, and a 6 speaker premium sound system. I love it! And it cost $2500!!!

great car
By speshul on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda 626 Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

This is a great car, great gas mileage, fun to drive, good design, inexpensive, and just an all around great car

I've drove it to hell and back
By Got2b_Mazda_626 on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda 626 Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as a first car so i did'nt really care about it. I bought it with 140308 miles on it, and now 8 months later i've managed to place 15,000 miles on it.. Nothing major has gone wrong with it, I race a lot of people and happily to say I've won a lot of them. It's a rugged car, I've had to replace a couple engine parts but in time they go anyway. Now since I've beat it into the ground my engine burns oil.. but to show you, It's NOT dead yet, "It takes a beatin and keeps on ticking" ~that's true!

Overall good car, but has some problems
By exillinimj on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Mazda 626 Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

My '93 626 has only 94,000 miles on it, yet I just had to have the AT changed out. The engine seems to being doing fine, however there are big problems with the paint (clear coat failing) and the rubber door gaskets. In addition, it used to have lit plastic key lock covers so you you see to get your key in at night, but those went after a couple of years. Mazda should have stuck with standard metal covers.

still stellar at 200K
By nellie on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Mazda 626 Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

bought my 626 in 1999 with 123K. Heating and cooling system replaced at 187K, but other than that absolutely no problems with the car.

Reliable Family Vehicle
By CTK on 03/05/02 10:37 AM (PST)

1993 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This has been a wonderful vehicle. I have put on over 120,000 miles on this one. I sold my 89' with 120,000 miles for this 93'. No major problems ever and it has never left me without transportation. I believe it will last me until I can afford a mazda 6 station wagon. I recomend this veh to anyone.