Used 1993 Mazda 626 LX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Mazda 626 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1993 Mazda 626 Sedan

View reviews for a specific 626 model:

Best used car I've purchased!
By Mell

1993 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car from my coworker for $800. She's had it since 2002. With the price of fuel this car is awesome! Over 400 miles to a tank. And with carpooling an average of 400 miles every other week I can't complain. The only major prob that I have right now is the suspension and with living in the desert the AC. But with over 187k on the engine I really can't complain. Gonna drive this baby til the engine falls out. Then I'll get another mazda lol.

Fuel economy, the performance of the 4cyl standard transmission this car really gets up and move.

Suspension, a.c and belts.

good money spent
By Kinetica7

1993 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

You can expect to be skeptical when buying a car with 175,000 miles, but 2 years later, and at over 200,000, I am very pleased. After only one exhaust repair and a tune-up. This machine still starts, runs, and drives good. Acceleration is good for a 4 banger. Interior is nice and comfortable. Cruise work fine (most of the time). AC needs recharged but has to be converted to the new R-13a system so I don't fool with it. Engine does some different ticks, one especially bad when car idles for more then 5 minutes. Window switches will stick eventually, and wear out motors; beware! Other then these small things car was well worth the money spent. I would recommend for new drivers. Very easy to drive.

Interior, acceleration, power steering is tight, easy to drive, cruise, tachometer. Acceptable gas mileage.

Fix valve ticking and get stronger oil pump. Car alarms work better if they go off for bad people and not the owner. Suspension could definitely be stiffer. Automatic transmission means the car is supposed to have an idea of what gear to be in when accelerating.

Nice Car
By Nice Car Guy

1993 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This was my second 626; the first had 200K when I sold it to buy this one. It now has 140K. Its weight to thrust ratio is great (4 cylinder 5 speed), so it makes my wife's Protege 5 feel like a dog. Sure, it's starting to make noises and doesn't ride as nice, but it's paid for and gives me 30 mpg in the city. I'm driving this thing until the wheels fall off.

Performance, fuel mileage, comfort, my rotating vents still work.

What improvements can be made, they don't make these things anymore. However, Mazda should remember to keep their vehicles light for better performance and mileage. Remember that folks - an economy car that weighs 3,000 pounds isn't that good.

Mazda 626 1993 93000 miles green
By wmpa311

1993 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Every replacement part for this car is
expensive. Struts $235/each, O2 sensor
$215, temp/fan sensor $65 each, rebuilt
tranny $2400. Don't bother with this
car. I had to put in all those parts
plus a distributor at 93000 miles. The
paint is severely faded.

small car speed and handling

Lower the price of replacment parts if they are going to break down so often. Get better quality paint. Improve the u- turn turning circumference.

great car
By nemmers35

1993 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for three years
and have not had any problems with it.
Great runner and great gas millage
33mpg. I have got 170,000 miles on it
and still gonig strong.

5 speed gives more power,sunroof,lit key hole,folding rear seat.

change the power locks sucks to use when passenger in in the car