1993 Mazda 626 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 626 model:
a real bang for your buck
By mazda01millenia on 11/13/06 13:52 PM (PST)

1993 Mazda 626 Sedan ES V6 4dr Sedan

Love the hunter-green exterior with the 2-tone grey leather interior. The ES with features such as sunroof, V6, leather, power seats-windows- mirrors, manual shifter, 4-wheel disc brakes,16" alloys is all you really need to have a car you can actually show off for a small amount of money. Extremely reliable when paid attention to. Hard to find.

love this car
By Doug on 03/05/06 00:11 AM (PST)

1993 Mazda 626 Sedan ES V6 4dr Sedan

I got this car from my sister and fell in love. I replaced the front rotors and put Lexani wheels on it. It is comfortable and fun to drive. If I can get another 50,000 miles out of it I will be well pleased. It's got 195,000 miles and still runs strong.

Excellent considering age- ES V6
By Sarah on 07/12/05 14:48 PM (PDT)

1993 Mazda 626 Sedan ES V6 4dr Sedan

this is my first car and i've had it for almost 3 years. it's a 12 year old car but no one believes it. leather, power everything, and sunroof make it seem extra luxurious. first thing i did when i bought it was installed a cd player and found out the factory stereo is awesome. i bought it for $4000 and can probably only get $2300 now, but it's been worth it. i only gave a 7 on the mileage because i get about 23mpg combined city/hwy. but roadtrips i get close to 30mpg on the hwy. i drive about 40 miles every day. only complaint is it needs premium gas but its definitely worth it. the engine really kicks. auto trans seems jumpy at times. i've had to replace a few things, some very expensive.

Good design & fun to drive.
By Great fun on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda 626 Sedan ES V6 4dr Sedan

Bought my 626 ES cronos in june 94 with ex. warranty 6/120k for parts. The 1st few yrs I had lots of little problems all under warranty. Don't like the automatic because it broke at 60k miles. It shifted hard into 2nd and early into 4th. Never had problems with ac, engine, frame, electronics. Rear calipers got stuck from corrosion and front springs both broke from corrosion but fixed under warranty, etc. Last 4 yrs, was trouble free. Things fixed never came back to haunt me. To be fair, the later yr 626's were better reliability. I had more problems with service trying to convince them of problems. I spoke to the manager and things got fixed.

Best Car Ever !!!!!!!!!
By S.A.T. on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Mazda 626 Sedan ES V6 4dr Sedan

THE MAZDA 626 ES V6 IS THE BEST CAR BECAUSE ITS ONE OF THE BEST FRONT WHEEL DRIVE CARS MADE ITS FASTER THEN THE TOYOTA CANARY AND A LITTLE SLOWWER THEN THE HONDA ACCORD BUT THE MAZDA IS 5000 DOLLORS CHEAPER SO BY A MAZDA 626 ES V6 MANUAL AND HAVE A CAR THAT WILL LAST OVER A DECADED OR

Complete nightmare
By Liveandlearn on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda 626 Sedan ES V6 4dr Sedan

I initially bought my 1993 Mazda 626 ES from a private party because it seemed like a good value at the time. Boy was I proven wrong! Here's a short list of the things I've had repaired on it within the last year: transmission rebuild ($2300), replaced right and left control arms ($625), replaced compressor ($1300), replaced left and right calipers ($450), refilled freon ($125), the list goes on and on. Talk to any other person who owns a Mazda 626 built between 1993 and 2001, and they'll tell you the transmission is going to fail. It's not a question of "if" but rather "when." Do yourself a favor and pick a different used car. Saturns are nice.

Wonderful car
By Iflyboy on 04/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda 626 Sedan ES V6 4dr Sedan

Was warned about the 4 cyl. auto. so steered away and bought a 6 cyl. manual 5 speed and have loved it ever since. Just regular maintenance over the years. This car owes me nothing and I drive it fast. Wish I knew what to replace it with since I don't trust Ford and their idea of "Mazda".

Best I ever owned
By Joalandre on 03/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Mazda 626 Sedan ES V6 4dr Sedan

Bought it in june 1994. It's now ten years old, I have driven it in the canadian winter every year and up until now, it has'nt cost me a penny in repairs. The only money expended was for brakes, belts, muffler, the usual expected things.There is just a little bit of rust starting to appear in two places. Best car I ever owned.I have a feling that the new Mazda-6 will not be as reliable.