1993 Mazda 626 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 626 model:
Best used car I've purchased!
By Mell on 05/09/08 22:19 PM (PDT)

1993 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car from my coworker for $800. She's had it since 2002. With the price of fuel this car is awesome! Over 400 miles to a tank. And with carpooling an average of 400 miles every other week I can't complain. The only major prob that I have right now is the suspension and with living in the desert the AC. But with over 187k on the engine I really can't complain. Gonna drive this baby til the engine falls out. Then I'll get another mazda lol.

good money spent
By Kinetica7 on 04/07/06 12:39 PM (PDT)

1993 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

You can expect to be skeptical when buying a car with 175,000 miles, but 2 years later, and at over 200,000, I am very pleased. After only one exhaust repair and a tune-up. This machine still starts, runs, and drives good. Acceleration is good for a 4 banger. Interior is nice and comfortable. Cruise work fine (most of the time). AC needs recharged but has to be converted to the new R-13a system so I don't fool with it. Engine does some different ticks, one especially bad when car idles for more then 5 minutes. Window switches will stick eventually, and wear out motors; beware! Other then these small things car was well worth the money spent. I would recommend for new drivers. Very easy to drive.

Nice Car
By Nice Car Guy on 04/06/05 15:28 PM (PDT)

1993 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

This was my second 626; the first had 200K when I sold it to buy this one. It now has 140K. Its weight to thrust ratio is great (4 cylinder 5 speed), so it makes my wife's Protege 5 feel like a dog. Sure, it's starting to make noises and doesn't ride as nice, but it's paid for and gives me 30 mpg in the city. I'm driving this thing until the wheels fall off.

Mazda 626 1993 93000 miles green
By wmpa311 on 07/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

Every replacement part for this car is expensive. Struts $235/each, O2 sensor $215, temp/fan sensor $65 each, rebuilt tranny $2400. Don't bother with this car. I had to put in all those parts plus a distributor at 93000 miles. The paint is severely faded.

great car
By nemmers35 on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for three years and have not had any problems with it. Great runner and great gas millage 33mpg. I have got 170,000 miles on it and still gonig strong.

626 review
By cf on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

Solid, reliable car. Few frills, but very reliable with good gas mileage.

JUST SAY NO TO THE AUTOMATIC
By QUADZILLA on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

This car blows. 3 TRANSMISSIONS (AT & 4cyl). 3 trannys at 101,000 miles. This thing has cost me a fortune. It finally died today- estimated 750 in repairs to pass inspection. FORGET IT!!! Problems with axles, water pump, tires, the list goes on & on. Worst car I EVER owned & no satisfaction from dealership. Trannys blow up after about 15,000 miles, everytime dealership fails to back up. Hey Mazda, if you're listening, BITE ME!! I take EXTREMELY good care of my vehicles & this is what I get. I had a '96 Honda Accord that i put 130K miles on, only having to replace timing belt & minor "maintence items".

My Awesome 626
By dblackjr on 07/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

This is a fun, sporty, family sedan! I love my 626. Mine is loaded with options like moonroof, cd changer, anti- lock brakes, heated mirrors, alarm/keyless entry, alloy wheels, and a 6 speaker premium sound system. I love it! And it cost $2500!!!

Reliable Family Vehicle
By CTK on 03/05/02 10:37 AM (PST)

1993 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

This has been a wonderful vehicle. I have put on over 120,000 miles on this one. I sold my 89' with 120,000 miles for this 93'. No major problems ever and it has never left me without transportation. I believe it will last me until I can afford a mazda 6 station wagon. I recomend this veh to anyone.