1993 Mazda 626 LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Mazda 626 - Consumer Reviews

1993 626 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 626 model:

Sort Reviews by

Best used car I've purchased!
By Mell

1993 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car from my coworker for $800. She's had it since 2002. With the price of fuel this car is awesome! Over 400 miles to a tank. And with carpooling an average of 400 miles every other week I can't complain. The only major prob that I have right now is the suspension and with living in the desert the AC. But with over 187k on the engine I really can't complain. Gonna drive this baby til the engine falls out. Then I'll get another mazda lol.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, the performance of the 4cyl standard transmission this car really gets up and move.

Suggested Improvements

Suspension, a.c and belts.

good money spent
By Kinetica7

1993 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

You can expect to be skeptical when buying a car with 175,000 miles, but 2 years later, and at over 200,000, I am very pleased. After only one exhaust repair and a tune-up. This machine still starts, runs, and drives good. Acceleration is good for a 4 banger. Interior is nice and comfortable. Cruise work fine (most of the time). AC needs recharged but has to be converted to the new R-13a system so I don't fool with it. Engine does some different ticks, one especially bad when car idles for more then 5 minutes. Window switches will stick eventually, and wear out motors; beware! Other then these small things car was well worth the money spent. I would recommend for new drivers. Very easy to drive.

Favorite Features

Interior, acceleration, power steering is tight, easy to drive, cruise, tachometer. Acceptable gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Fix valve ticking and get stronger oil pump. Car alarms work better if they go off for bad people and not the owner. Suspension could definitely be stiffer. Automatic transmission means the car is supposed to have an idea of what gear to be in when accelerating.

Nice Car
By Nice Car Guy

1993 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

This was my second 626; the first had 200K when I sold it to buy this one. It now has 140K. Its weight to thrust ratio is great (4 cylinder 5 speed), so it makes my wife's Protege 5 feel like a dog. Sure, it's starting to make noises and doesn't ride as nice, but it's paid for and gives me 30 mpg in the city. I'm driving this thing until the wheels fall off.

Favorite Features

Performance, fuel mileage, comfort, my rotating vents still work.

Suggested Improvements

What improvements can be made, they don't make these things anymore. However, Mazda should remember to keep their vehicles light for better performance and mileage. Remember that folks - an economy car that weighs 3,000 pounds isn't that good.

Mazda 626 1993 93000 miles green
By wmpa311

1993 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

Every replacement part for this car is expensive. Struts $235/each, O2 sensor $215, temp/fan sensor $65 each, rebuilt tranny $2400. Don't bother with this car. I had to put in all those parts plus a distributor at 93000 miles. The paint is severely faded.

Favorite Features

small car speed and handling

Suggested Improvements

Lower the price of replacment parts if they are going to break down so often. Get better quality paint. Improve the u- turn turning circumference.

great car
By nemmers35

1993 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for three years and have not had any problems with it. Great runner and great gas millage 33mpg. I have got 170,000 miles on it and still gonig strong.

Favorite Features

5 speed gives more power,sunroof,lit key hole,folding rear seat.

Suggested Improvements

change the power locks sucks to use when passenger in in the car

626 review
By cf

1993 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

Solid, reliable car. Few frills, but very reliable with good gas mileage.

JUST SAY NO TO THE AUTOMATIC
By QUADZILLA

1993 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

This car blows. 3 TRANSMISSIONS (AT & 4cyl). 3 trannys at 101,000 miles. This thing has cost me a fortune. It finally died today- estimated 750 in repairs to pass inspection. FORGET IT!!! Problems with axles, water pump, tires, the list goes on & on. Worst car I EVER owned & no satisfaction from dealership. Trannys blow up after about 15,000 miles, everytime dealership fails to back up. Hey Mazda, if you're listening, BITE ME!! I take EXTREMELY good care of my vehicles & this is what I get. I had a '96 Honda Accord that i put 130K miles on, only having to replace timing belt & minor "maintence items".

Favorite Features

sunroof (but rattles) driver comfort

Suggested Improvements

don't buy the 4 cyl/ auto combo. Do research before you buy!!

My Awesome 626
By dblackjr

1993 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

This is a fun, sporty, family sedan! I love my 626. Mine is loaded with options like moonroof, cd changer, anti- lock brakes, heated mirrors, alarm/keyless entry, alloy wheels, and a 6 speaker premium sound system. I love it! And it cost $2500!!!

Favorite Features

I love the tweed seats and the super sound system. The brakes are incredible and it gets 30 MPG (manual)

Suggested Improvements

It needs 25 more horsepower and new cupholders

Reliable Family Vehicle
By CTK

1993 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

This has been a wonderful vehicle. I have put on over 120,000 miles on this one. I sold my 89' with 120,000 miles for this 93'. No major problems ever and it has never left me without transportation. I believe it will last me until I can afford a mazda 6 station wagon. I recomend this veh to anyone.

Favorite Features

Occilating dash vents, anti static pad on the door, interior lights on the doors and well as a dome, fold down seats, etc....

Suggested Improvements

All my Mazda's have been manual. I suggest sticking with the manuals, because the auto is made by ford and I have heard of problems with those.