1993 Mazda 626 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 626 model:
Consider the manual trans.
By ebutera on 08/06/11 11:15 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda 626 DX 4dr Sedan

Purchased this vehicle in May 2010 with low miles. The interior build quality is quite good, if a little boring, with few squeaks or rattles. Economical and "spacious", it's not exactly fun to drive but gets from A to B with little fuss. The term boring aptly describes this vehicle. The frustration comes in with the infamous flashing "hold" light; replaced the component the diagnostic told me to replace, to no avail. The trouble code causes the transmission to operate only up to 3rd gear. If you're considering this vehicle, get one with the manual transmission as they were not plagued with the problems of the automatic. Haven't had any other mechanical issues.

very poor
By Esoof Bholat on 07/07/09 10:52 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda 626 DX 4dr Sedan

This car right now after driving 3 or 4 miles engine quit.some time start right away or some time you have to try several time.I don't want to spend too much money to fix it. What i learn this car is totally not dependable.I will never buy any Mazda again.

Bought "Brand New" (1 owner)
By Beowulf on 08/31/08 10:37 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda 626 DX 4dr Sedan

This car has undoubtedly been the most reliable transportation I've ever purchased. With 160,000 miles on it has been as reliable as I could ask for.

I will buy another mazda
By iced on 07/20/08 14:43 PM (PDT)

1993 Mazda 626 DX 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 6 months now it has 400,000 km on it now. It is the most reliable vehicle I have owned in a while. I drive the crap out of this car and it just wont die, I would buy another Mazda if they are all like this

Best used car I've purchased!
By Mell on 05/09/08 22:19 PM (PDT)

1993 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car from my coworker for $800. She's had it since 2002. With the price of fuel this car is awesome! Over 400 miles to a tank. And with carpooling an average of 400 miles every other week I can't complain. The only major prob that I have right now is the suspension and with living in the desert the AC. But with over 187k on the engine I really can't complain. Gonna drive this baby til the engine falls out. Then I'll get another mazda lol.

220K and still going!!
By 220k!!! on 09/09/07 12:11 PM (PDT)

1993 Mazda 626 DX 4dr Sedan

Owned this car for 6 yrs, it has 220k on it and it's still going! Great reliable cheap car got me through college and beyond. Very few expenses.

a real bang for your buck
By mazda01millenia on 11/13/06 13:52 PM (PST)

1993 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

Love the hunter-green exterior with the 2-tone grey leather interior. The ES with features such as sunroof, V6, leather, power seats-windows- mirrors, manual shifter, 4-wheel disc brakes,16" alloys is all you really need to have a car you can actually show off for a small amount of money. Extremely reliable when paid attention to. Hard to find.

good money spent
By Kinetica7 on 04/07/06 12:39 PM (PDT)

1993 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

You can expect to be skeptical when buying a car with 175,000 miles, but 2 years later, and at over 200,000, I am very pleased. After only one exhaust repair and a tune-up. This machine still starts, runs, and drives good. Acceleration is good for a 4 banger. Interior is nice and comfortable. Cruise work fine (most of the time). AC needs recharged but has to be converted to the new R-13a system so I don't fool with it. Engine does some different ticks, one especially bad when car idles for more then 5 minutes. Window switches will stick eventually, and wear out motors; beware! Other then these small things car was well worth the money spent. I would recommend for new drivers. Very easy to drive.

love this car
By Doug on 03/05/06 00:11 AM (PST)

1993 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

I got this car from my sister and fell in love. I replaced the front rotors and put Lexani wheels on it. It is comfortable and fun to drive. If I can get another 50,000 miles out of it I will be well pleased. It's got 195,000 miles and still runs strong.

Excellent considering age- ES V6
By Sarah on 07/12/05 14:48 PM (PDT)

1993 Mazda 626 ES V6 4dr Sedan

this is my first car and i've had it for almost 3 years. it's a 12 year old car but no one believes it. leather, power everything, and sunroof make it seem extra luxurious. first thing i did when i bought it was installed a cd player and found out the factory stereo is awesome. i bought it for $4000 and can probably only get $2300 now, but it's been worth it. i only gave a 7 on the mileage because i get about 23mpg combined city/hwy. but roadtrips i get close to 30mpg on the hwy. i drive about 40 miles every day. only complaint is it needs premium gas but its definitely worth it. the engine really kicks. auto trans seems jumpy at times. i've had to replace a few things, some very expensive.