1992 Mazda 626 Consumer Review: Decent

1992 Mazda 626 - Consumer Review

DX Sedan (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

By Celine on

1992 Mazda 626 DX 4dr Sedan

This was my first car. It was very nice and easy to drive for a 16 year old (even for a manual transmission). It gets pretty good gas mileage and drives very well. The only major problem with this vehicle is that it burns oil like no other. I have to buy a case of oil every month and a half to keep this car going. On long trips I need to stop, no not for gas, but to fill up the oil. However it's very reliable, I've only had to take it to the shop twice in the 2 years I've had it, and that was for a broken flasher and a muffler that fell out.

The manual transmission is very nice and easy to drive. The car can put up with a lot of abuse, a very good car for young drivers. There's lots room for seating inside. AC still works great and this car gets awesome gas mileage.

I would say Mazda needs to work on the engine a little bit so that it doesn't burn so much oil, however I think that problem is resolved by now. Also there is a tiny glove compartment and center console... not much room for all my stuff.