1991 Mazda 626 Consumer Review: Great, cheap, but fun transpor

1991 Mazda 626 - Consumer Review

Great, cheap, but fun transportation
By monster on

1991 Mazda 626 DX 4dr Sedan

With 186,000 miles and $850 from a kid that just graduated from mechanic school and had done alot of work on it for class. I was changing jobs where I needed to drive alot and need a good MPG car with gas prices approaching $4 a gallon and rising. This car has not disappointed at all. I have had to put some money into but nothing expensive and I was able to do the work myself. Its fun to drive with 5-speed and gas mileage is terrific. I bought some wider tires and rims from a 97 626 and it handles great. If it was a hatchback I would have the best vehicle ever. The car has already paid for itself as I have driven it 12,000 miles many of those for work. Great purchase would easily buy again.

Favorite Features

5-speed plenty of zip. Great gas mileage 26+ city 34+ hwy. No rattles for an almost 20 year old car with almost 200,000 miles. Easy to work on. AC still cold. Its a basic model car thats fun to drive. Front seat folds down to fit long items in the car. Seat adjustments make it fit like a glove.

Suggested Improvements

I guess a cuphold would be nice, but not a huge deal for me. Thats it. A great car in my opinion.