Used 1991 Mazda 626 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Mazda 626 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 626 model:

Driven like it's been stolen!
By don

1991 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 626 for my daily commuter with 206,000 miles on her. She is a non turbo, 5 speed manual, she now has 300,500 miles on her and still running strong. Just recently I have had to replace alternator, starter, coil, timing belt and heater blower motor, but what the hay, she has earned all that. I drive her like she's stolen every day, and the worst mileage I've ever gotten once was 29 mpg, the best ever on a road trip has been 42 mpg. I average about 35.5 mpg daily at highways speeds up to 80 mph. I wouldn't trade this girl for anything in the world. I would recommend a 1991 626 LX to anyone. My kids love riding in her because she is so peppy and fast. This is just an all around great car!

Has all the torque and speed of a Mazda 3 (driven several) and still gets better gas mileage than most new cars on the road.

Love, Love, Love My Mazda 626!
By woodlakes

1991 Mazda 626 Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new in 1991 with 10 miles on it. It now has over 130,000, and I still love it! Very reliable, great gas mileage, looks and runs great still! Only problem is major paint oxidization, but then, it never had a garage to sleep in. Could also use a cup holder. Interior is just as nice as when I purchased it, except for a small crack in the dash vinyl, at the corner of the defroster. :-( Not once have I had any major repairs. I'm a fanatic for clean oil in my car, keeping my plugs clean, and keeping the tires properly inflated. Thanks, Mazda, for building a wonderful, dependable car! I'll drive it until the doors fall off! FYI - I also own a '87 Mazda B2200- love it too!

Quality for the price! Can't beat it! Plus, I feel a classic line that has not gone out of style. Still looks great!

Needs a better quality paint, and add a cupholder. Other than that, I still love my car 17 years later!!!

I love my Mazda 626
By quantpro

1991 Mazda 626 Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Almost no repairs with this car. I am the first and only owner. More reliable then my 1990 Camry even.

5 speed manual.

Doesn't handle well with deer
By MSS

1991 Mazda 626 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as a beater that I was planning on having only a year. When I left the country my sister took it because it was a lot better than her Tempo. We haven't had any problems with it that are out of the ordinary (i.e. brakes, shocks, tires.) At 211,000 miles the engine was still running like a top. It didn't show signs of leaking oil. It even made another cross country trip. The only thing that killed it was that my brother hit a deer. Looking at these low ratings for this car, reading the background stories and having a little mechanical ability under my belt, my best advice is to drive it and see if it has been abused or sitting dormant too much. It is a great car.

Great gas mileage, good engine,

It may not have as much power as other cars in its class and age group.

Yuck!!!
By Ldowdy

1991 Mazda 626 Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I hate this car. I have had problems
with the brakes off and on. A spark
plug flew out of the engine block while
I was driving it. Now it doesn't
always start in park and often stalls
at stops and hesitates when I
accelerate from a standstill. I can't
wait to get rid of it.

I also find that it doesn't have much
get up and go on the freeway. Which
would be o.k. if the car ran well and
was reliable in other aspects

burn it