Used 1991 Mazda 626 LX Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Mazda 626 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 626 model:

Best $1,600 I have ever spent!!!!!!!!!
By kickass626

1991 Mazda 626 Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback

In Nov. I purchased this car with alot of reservations about it. It turns out to be one of the best cars I have ever owned. I have had to put a little work into it but nothing that major. The worst thing was I had to replace the head gasket because the previous owner neglected to put in a thermostat. So I replaced them both for pretty cheap of course I do all my own work. The only thing my car needs now is a clutch and thats not that bad either. Excellent vehicle and it's alot of fun to drive and also alot of fun to trick out GREAT CAR, GO MAZDA!!!!!!!

The ease of working on this car.

Make them all turbos!!!!

buy a used buy a pain
By 626

1991 Mazda 626 Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback

When I bought it in 2001 from an old couple, there is only 20K miles on it because they said they had been seldom driving it. One cylinder almost didn't work after 2 weeks and I had to keep changing sparkplugs and adding engine oil because the idle cylinder burned a lot of oil. I took it to machanics several times. They changed all the 12 valves and used some chemicals to clean the cylinder, but those didn't work. Finally I sold it after wasting lots of bucks on it and before wasting more. I will never buy a used car anymore.

all power

engine qulity

Love My 626
By BTR

1991 Mazda 626 Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback

I bought my car used and have owned it for 6 years, now. Other than routine maintenance, the only thing that gives me trouble is the A/C and heating fan, although I have had to have the brakes (rotors, discs and all) completely replaced once and may have to do it again soon. I love driving this car. The 5-speed manual is fun. The car settles in nicely at 120km for highway driving, just under the radar traps.

5-speed manual transmission

mazda 626 lx 1991
By doni

1991 Mazda 626 Hatchback LX 4dr Hatchback

i had this car for 4 years and i had lots of problemes with it cause i was pushing it hard, i had to replace the timing belt, cv join twice, brakes, stereo sucks , and the transmison went out at 235 k, i changed the 4 suspension, went you push hard a car thats what it those, drive across canda 4 times whitout stoping, and lots of travel....

this car is very toff, it dosent take a lot of gaz, it burn oil slow.

hum it`s a 1991, they all ready improveted it so