1993 Mazda 323 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 323 model:
Fun little runner
By 323driver on 05/04/08 23:20 PM (PDT)

1993 Mazda 323 Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

This is my fun little burner, perfect little runner, starts everytime. Never had any trouble with it, easy tire squealer (lol), and a fun winter drifter if you're into it. All around nice little car, even if it's not the most powerful. Only prob I've had is that the rear windshield washer fluid doesn't work (ie-squirt out) Oh, also handy is the hatch/fold down seats. Recently threw a 50cc scooter in there to take back to a friend with no trouble. Overall, as far as everything goes quality is good, everything works as it should.

Diamond in the rough
By 323 rally star on 05/08/07 06:55 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda 323 Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

This car is definitely not the best looking on the road, but it's zippy and drives like a go-kart. I've stripped out the interior save the driver seat and sound system, no A/C and manual steering, I managed to cut the weight down to 1783 lbs. so the pickup on it is actually quite quick. And with gas the way it is, the mileage is great. I'm installing a BP-ZE motor from a Miata that is turbo'd and puts out around 210 hp, so its flying like no other, a 1700 lb car with over 200 hp has an outstanding power-weight ratio, as well if you get the gear ratios altered a bit with a longer 1st and 2nd gear, the overall top speed is a lot better!

11.5 years of ownership
By Tanya Eimantas on 03/01/05 12:53 PM (PST)

1993 Mazda 323 Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

Only had one problem with transmission, which had to be entirely replaced in 1997. Was done under the extended warranty. Good maintenance = good performance. Still going strong! Reliability is everything. Outlasted the marriage and saw two kids from infancy to double digits.

Great, Dependable Car
By clarez on 12/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Mazda 323 Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

This was my first new car purchase. My car will be 10 years old and runs like a new car. Requiring minimal repairs. I love my car! My only complaint is the driver's seat is too low to get in and out of the car comfortably.

My Little car
By Canadian Grrl on 08/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda 323 Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

This is my first car. Although I had some trouble with a bad waterpump, everything else is great. It could look a bit cooler. It handles great and the mileage is awesome.