1993 Mazda 323 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 323 model:
Fun little runner
By 323driver on 05/04/08 23:20 PM (PDT)

1993 Mazda 323 SE 2dr Hatchback

This is my fun little burner, perfect little runner, starts everytime. Never had any trouble with it, easy tire squealer (lol), and a fun winter drifter if you're into it. All around nice little car, even if it's not the most powerful. Only prob I've had is that the rear windshield washer fluid doesn't work (ie-squirt out) Oh, also handy is the hatch/fold down seats. Recently threw a 50cc scooter in there to take back to a friend with no trouble. Overall, as far as everything goes quality is good, everything works as it should.

Diamond in the rough
By 323 rally star on 05/08/07 06:55 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda 323 SE 2dr Hatchback

This car is definitely not the best looking on the road, but it's zippy and drives like a go-kart. I've stripped out the interior save the driver seat and sound system, no A/C and manual steering, I managed to cut the weight down to 1783 lbs. so the pickup on it is actually quite quick. And with gas the way it is, the mileage is great. I'm installing a BP-ZE motor from a Miata that is turbo'd and puts out around 210 hp, so its flying like no other, a 1700 lb car with over 200 hp has an outstanding power-weight ratio, as well if you get the gear ratios altered a bit with a longer 1st and 2nd gear, the overall top speed is a lot better!

11.5 years of ownership
By Tanya Eimantas on 03/01/05 12:53 PM (PST)

1993 Mazda 323 SE 2dr Hatchback

Only had one problem with transmission, which had to be entirely replaced in 1997. Was done under the extended warranty. Good maintenance = good performance. Still going strong! Reliability is everything. Outlasted the marriage and saw two kids from infancy to double digits.

I love this car
By UCLAis1 on 08/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda 323 2dr Hatchback

I can't believe they don't still make this machine. My brother turned me on to Mazda with his GLC, and I got a 323 Sedan in 1986. This is my second car over 17 years. Mazdas are reliable. There is cavernous room, super punch, great handling, and it always starts in the morning. I take my car offroading!

Fun to Drive Economy car
By Crazy_J on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Mazda 323 2dr Hatchback

My reliable 4dr 1980 Buick engine flooded with oil after it was hit underneath by the street as I came off the lot, my dad rewarded me with a beautful apple candy red skylark. Then this skylark starting having transmission slipping problems, with every transmission put in it so far! But my sister was kind of enough to let me drive her Mazda 323 until my skylark is fixed and ever since then driving has been fun. It's very peppy for a 82hp car with only 92 pounds of torque. So far it has had no mager problems, it's just a nice simple "I'll get you there and go back with pep in your step money in your pocket car".

Great, Dependable Car
By clarez on 12/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Mazda 323 SE 2dr Hatchback

This was my first new car purchase. My car will be 10 years old and runs like a new car. Requiring minimal repairs. I love my car! My only complaint is the driver's seat is too low to get in and out of the car comfortably.

My White 323
By bbdoggies on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Mazda 323 2dr Hatchback

I have just loved driving it! It is zippy, economical(gas mileage) and I can really buzz around town in it! It is easy to drive and back up. It has been reasonably reliable. It is now nine years old and I have had some repairs on the alternator. I had problems with key locks in the hatch and doors. It performs well on the highway. There is lots of visibility with the window design.

My Little car
By Canadian Grrl on 08/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda 323 SE 2dr Hatchback

This is my first car. Although I had some trouble with a bad waterpump, everything else is great. It could look a bit cooler. It handles great and the mileage is awesome.

Mazda 323 is a Perfect ten!
By boon on 03/17/02 16:57 PM (PST)

1993 Mazda 323 2dr Hatchback

Mazda 323 is a Perfect ten!