1992 Mazda 323 Consumer Review: Great Little Car

1992 Mazda 323 - Consumer Review

Great Little Car
By baz on

1992 Mazda 323 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 323 with about 90,000 miles on it and in 3 years of driving it's been a little tank, totally reliable. Always starts, no matter how cold (and it gets darn cold here in Canada). Nothing but tuneups and normal maintenance, brakes, tires, etc. It's an ugly little tub but totally reliable, fun to drive and gets great mileage. It's actually my 2nd 323. The first one ran up 360,000kms (216,000 miles) before getting totaled in an accident. I'll probably buy another one if I ever get rid of my current 323. Cheapest to run, most reliable car I've ever owned.

It has a lot of room for such a little car, especially with the back seat fold down. And of course it's reliable as a hammer and handles great. Pretty peppy too for a 1600cc engine.

All 323s seem to have a problem with a leak between the fuel pump and the gas tank. The tank was replaced on mine under warranty years ago. Also passenger side seatbelts become loose over time.