Used 1992 Mazda 323 SE Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 323 model:

First Car
By Kevin

1992 Mazda 323 Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

My father bought this car for me for $100 and at first i thought that it would be beat up and unreliable. I was wrong, this car is very reliable and the gas mileage is great. I am currently in high school so don't wish to spend all my money on gas. I love the car so much I even named her "Rhonda"! The only thing that went out was the distributor but it wasn't a big deal. This car is great and perfect for a first car. So far , the mileage is 156,799.

Favorite Features

The hatchback allows me to put a lot of stuff in my car and the folding rear seats help. I love how there's plenty of rear space for such a small car.

Suggested Improvements

The paint on the rear brake light, above the tail light, tends to fade to a whitish pink color. Automatic locks! But for a cheap and reliable car, I can't complain!

Excellent Little Car
By CM

1992 Mazda 323 Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car for $2000CDN from a previous owner with 187,000Kms on it. Other than the fact that he was a smoker, which took me about a year + to get rid of the smell, it's a fantastic car! It is/was my first car, cheap on gas (I had to commute over 220kms/day at the time for work), great handling, solid on the road, versatile for packing and loading with gear for anything you want to do! I've had it 3 years (63,000kms), and although I could afford a much nicer car now, I will drive this car until it dies because I love it! And the way it runs, that'll be a long time from now!

Favorite Features

Great fuel-economy! Heavy, sturdy, solid car! Reliable! Tons of room for camping gear, bikes, etc.

Suggested Improvements

A passenger side mirror. Larger wheels. More comfort for long drives.

The most reliable basic car
By Jeng

1992 Mazda 323 Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

I bought this 323 in 96 with 35,000 miles on it. Never had problems with the engine. Just regular oil changes.. and the car keeps going strong. This is the most reliable basic car I've had. Highly recommend!!!!

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, fuel efficiency, roomy.

Suggested Improvements

airbags