1992 Mazda 323 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 323 model:
Amazing little car
By MommaK on 03/17/10 12:44 PM (PDT)

1992 Mazda 323 2dr Hatchback

We purchase this car from my son for $500 with 181,000 miles on it. It just starts and goes every time I ask it to. We just spent over $600 in repairs, but I know it's money well spent. This car is amazingly reliable, practical and fun. I average 33 mpg on the rural country roads where I live. It has the manual tranny and there's plenty of power for the hills and to pass the slowpokes. I call it my "mazda-ratti" and I love it.

First Car
By Kevin on 11/11/09 11:28 AM (PST)

1992 Mazda 323 SE 2dr Hatchback

My father bought this car for me for $100 and at first i thought that it would be beat up and unreliable. I was wrong, this car is very reliable and the gas mileage is great. I am currently in high school so don't wish to spend all my money on gas. I love the car so much I even named her "Rhonda"! The only thing that went out was the distributor but it wasn't a big deal. This car is great and perfect for a first car. So far , the mileage is 156,799.

nice little car
By jomurdo17 on 05/19/09 17:46 PM (PDT)

1992 Mazda 323 2dr Hatchback

I bought a 1992 mazda 323 hatchback a couple of months ago and this thing is great it is very reliable it is surprisingly spacious and comfortable plus with the fold down rear seat you can store alot! it will get a little more than 300 miles on a single tank of gas these cars are priced around 500 dollars but it is worth much more I personally paid 300 for mine and it runs great they are underpowered with only 82 horse power but if you want an economy car to take you to work or something this is the car for you

Excellent Little Car
By CM on 05/21/08 10:43 AM (PDT)

1992 Mazda 323 SE 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car for $2000CDN from a previous owner with 187,000Kms on it. Other than the fact that he was a smoker, which took me about a year + to get rid of the smell, it's a fantastic car! It is/was my first car, cheap on gas (I had to commute over 220kms/day at the time for work), great handling, solid on the road, versatile for packing and loading with gear for anything you want to do! I've had it 3 years (63,000kms), and although I could afford a much nicer car now, I will drive this car until it dies because I love it! And the way it runs, that'll be a long time from now!

Great Little Car
By baz on 03/12/08 07:03 AM (PDT)

1992 Mazda 323 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 323 with about 90,000 miles on it and in 3 years of driving it's been a little tank, totally reliable. Always starts, no matter how cold (and it gets darn cold here in Canada). Nothing but tuneups and normal maintenance, brakes, tires, etc. It's an ugly little tub but totally reliable, fun to drive and gets great mileage. It's actually my 2nd 323. The first one ran up 360,000kms (216,000 miles) before getting totaled in an accident. I'll probably buy another one if I ever get rid of my current 323. Cheapest to run, most reliable car I've ever owned.

Repeat Buyer For A Good Reason
By Turtlelady on 01/25/08 21:24 PM (PST)

1992 Mazda 323 2dr Hatchback

My most recent Maz, the '92 323 wasn't anything fancy, but it was practical, economical, fun to drive, handled perfectly, and it ran and ran and ran until recently, after 9 years (I was the second owner), it finally quit with 242,500 miles on it...and 3 cylanders. Yes, it had every right in the world to die, but it was the most reliable car I've ever owned (next to the first Maz, the '80 GLC--older version of the 323). I couldn't recommend a better, more reliable car than a Maz.

A RELIABLE LITTLE WORKHORSE
By LUKE on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mazda 323 2dr Hatchback

This car never let me down. In the 11 years I own it, I didn't have one breakdown. Note I maintained it 100% myself, so I know exactly what has happened to the car. Excellent fuel economy, very good performance. I love this little car!!!

A Great Pod
By A Driver on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mazda 323 2dr Hatchback

This car has never done me wrong. Had it for 9 years, and the engine always turns over. The only maintenance I've done are the usual - CV joints at 75,000 miles, brakes and tune-up at 100,000, exhaust here and there.

Great car
By Scott Maish on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Mazda 323 2dr Hatchback

I inherited my 1992 Mazda 323 from a family member in 1998. I was not fond of the car initially, but now I am very impressed. I have abused, not cared for, not maintained this car at all and it won’t die. It keeps on running no matter what I do to it. Also it has to be one of the cheapest cars to maintain. I bought 4 new tires for $90. My Chevy Blazer tires are $140 a piece. Not stylish, very reliable … good car.

A Great Idea
By Jeff - Richmond on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Mazda 323 2dr Hatchback

An affordable car with plenty of payload, plus easy handling, plus great gas-mileage, with no frills. It's a shame they discontinued it.