1991 Mazda 323 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 323 model:
They don't make it like that anymore
By panos from Greece on 01/05/09 01:58 AM (PST)

1991 Mazda 323 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

My family bought the car in 1991 as a family car. We got the 4door version Since then the vehicle has proved itself as a spacious, capable, dependable mover. We have traveled from Greece to Italy to Turkey with no concerns over its reliability, despite already counting 15 years and 250000+km on its odometer. Today even though it is no longer the main family car it surprises me with its relative economy, lively engine (though there are major oil leaks that demand regular oil checks), and large passenger and baggage spaces that even today's cars often lack. I even though of getting it from my fathers and turning it int 4WD with new engine.

Petes '91 Mazda 323 Review
By Petesnova on 01/26/08 17:08 PM (PST)

1991 Mazda 323 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

This car couldn't be beat for the price. Reliability was unbelievable, a very fun to drive daily car. Trips to Florida were fast and very cheap. Motor and transmission were driven to 424,000 kms. All I replaced was timing belt myself (2X) and the 3 piece exhaust was done a few times over. Yes I would buy a Mazda again.

This is a great car
By mycar on 10/16/06 19:36 PM (PDT)

1991 Mazda 323 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

This is a great first car, it was mine and I would recommend it over and over again. The 5 speed is the best way to go I get 32.5 MPG, it rides great and even with 122,000 miles it runs strong.

Reliable Little Workhorse
By LUKE on 04/14/06 11:09 AM (PDT)

1991 Mazda 323 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Bought it, 14 years old but only 40,000 miles. Have driven it for two years now, adding over 20,000 miles, with no problems whatsoever. Note I owned a 1992 model before which I drove for 11 years without a single breakdown (sold it because of transatlantic move); based on that experience I didn't hesitate when I had the chance to take over this 14-year old little reliable workhorse.

boink!
By sgt_mustard on 11/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Mazda 323 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

overall a reliable car for being its age. the size is a little unsettling- it is often referred to as "space peanut" or "death trap". parts are expensive since it isnt a common car and all the parts you will find are after-market. the muffler alone cost $75.

Satisfied
By Pugsly on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Mazda 323 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Car was purchased for the wife to use to and from work. Best highway milleage was 42 MPG. In town average 28 MPG. Always used reg.87 octane. Very few minor problems. Would make an excellent student's car, or use around the city, and save the main vehicle for hitting the road. I would not hesitate to take it on a 3000 mile, or more, trip.