Used 1990 Mazda 323 Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Mazda 323 - Consumer Reviews

1990 Mazda 323 Hatchback

View reviews for a specific 323 model:

Most Helpful|
worst car I have ever had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By favre44

1990 Mazda 323 Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

Back in 1989, all my friends told me that the new 1990 mazda 323 was the car of the decade. so I purchased the car earlier than anyone else. I have news for you, my friends were wrong. The car was SO small its not even funny. About a month after I bought the car, the muffler fell off in cleveland while I was on vacation. Next, The air conditioning failed. after that the car was going downhill. My fiancee gave me a sunroof in the car for my birthday to make me feel better about the car but it didn't help. The car was useless. In summer of '91, I sold the car for $300 to my cousin. He owned it for 2 more months and gave it to a scrap collector at the dump. the car was a complete fail.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing Car
By shawn haren

1990 Mazda 323 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I am currently getting 40 mpg combined driving, and have logged in 54 mpg on a highway trip. The dealership in Ft. Worth said this car is in great shape and is a pocket rocket off the line. Interior needs revamping, seats, top-liner and such. I love this car and have had it since 1990. Everyone at work laughs at me but I pass them by at the gas station and laugh at them.

Favorite Features

Gas economy, power from the get-go.

Best Little Car Ever
By Always a Mazda fan

1990 Mazda 323 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Got this car from my uncle who is absolutely horrible with cars. Even so it has managed to last this long. With a sad heart I will be selling it to junk yard soon. It is just not worth the money I would have to pay to fix it. Overall an excellent car. Not very spacious. Definitely not a car for family trips (especially if you have a car seat). Excellent MPG. At the minimum I get 25 in town and 30 on the road, however I have managed to get 40 MPG on a long highway trip. Two thumbs up.

Favorite Features

MPG

Suggested Improvements

Needs cup holders.

a very reliable small car
By lou

1990 Mazda 323 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I have had my car for almost five years now. A very nice and reliable car. I recently drove it for over 1000 miles trip without any problem. None of my friends was expecting it to make it but it did. It's my little baby. Love it so much. Used it for pizza delivery before and still working very well. Never gave me any hard time except regular maintenance.

If you own one keep it!
By TK0045

1990 Mazda 323 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I bought this little car for $600 dollars. Now I can't even put a price on it. Mechanically, it's perfect. Small motor, lots of room under the hood to work, most of the parts are cheap and relatively easy to find, and the engine is indestructible! (Knock on wood...)The only issues I have had to deal with were normal suspension/steering wear. But what do you want out of a 90! This little car just hit 259,000 miles. I swear to god! The best part was when I took it for e-check, (emissions test) the worker thought I cheated! The Mazda’s results were better than some of the new cars! If you own one keep it. If you find one for sale buy it! It's to worth every penny have a good reliable "beater".

Favorite Features

Features? Lol!

Suggested Improvements

A/C.