1990 Mazda 323 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 323 model:
Amazing Car
By shawn haren on 05/26/10 17:41 PM (PDT)

1990 Mazda 323 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I am currently getting 40 mpg combined driving, and have logged in 54 mpg on a highway trip. The dealership in Ft. Worth said this car is in great shape and is a pocket rocket off the line. Interior needs revamping, seats, top-liner and such. I love this car and have had it since 1990. Everyone at work laughs at me but I pass them by at the gas station and laugh at them.

Best Little Car Ever
By Always a Mazda fan on 11/14/09 19:48 PM (PST)

1990 Mazda 323 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Got this car from my uncle who is absolutely horrible with cars. Even so it has managed to last this long. With a sad heart I will be selling it to junk yard soon. It is just not worth the money I would have to pay to fix it. Overall an excellent car. Not very spacious. Definitely not a car for family trips (especially if you have a car seat). Excellent MPG. At the minimum I get 25 in town and 30 on the road, however I have managed to get 40 MPG on a long highway trip. Two thumbs up.

worst car I have ever had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By favre44 on 07/22/09 16:41 PM (PDT)

1990 Mazda 323 Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

Back in 1989, all my friends told me that the new 1990 mazda 323 was the car of the decade. so I purchased the car earlier than anyone else. I have news for you, my friends were wrong. The car was SO small its not even funny. About a month after I bought the car, the muffler fell off in cleveland while I was on vacation. Next, The air conditioning failed. after that the car was going downhill. My fiancee gave me a sunroof in the car for my birthday to make me feel better about the car but it didn't help. The car was useless. In summer of '91, I sold the car for $300 to my cousin. He owned it for 2 more months and gave it to a scrap collector at the dump. the car was a complete fail.

If you own one keep it!
By TK0045 on 08/11/07 17:01 PM (PDT)

1990 Mazda 323 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I bought this little car for $600 dollars. Now I can't even put a price on it. Mechanically, it's perfect. Small motor, lots of room under the hood to work, most of the parts are cheap and relatively easy to find, and the engine is indestructible! (Knock on wood...)The only issues I have had to deal with were normal suspension/steering wear. But what do you want out of a 90! This little car just hit 259,000 miles. I swear to god! The best part was when I took it for e-check, (emissions test) the worker thought I cheated! The Mazda’s results were better than some of the new cars! If you own one keep it. If you find one for sale buy it! It's to worth every penny have a good reliable "beater".

a very reliable small car
By lou on 12/23/05 20:19 PM (PST)

1990 Mazda 323 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I have had my car for almost five years now. A very nice and reliable car. I recently drove it for over 1000 miles trip without any problem. None of my friends was expecting it to make it but it did. It's my little baby. Love it so much. Used it for pizza delivery before and still working very well. Never gave me any hard time except regular maintenance.

great little car
By Vasyl on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Mazda 323 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I got here by accident and since I own a pre-owned Mazda 323, decided to say something good about this car. Very reliable car. I like it a lot. It *is* really fun to pass with this car big super-duper 8 cylined SUVs on winding mountain roads!

good one
By mazda3243 on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Mazda 323 Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

Although I just came to this website to look for a new car, (I am selling my mazda 323), but this guy is good! Very good, sorry to hear that Mazda is owned by ford.

A most remarkable little car
By jsd-canada on 09/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Mazda 323 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I purchased my little 323 6 and 1/2 years ago. It had about 160,000 kilometers on (over 100k miles if you prefer). I had expected to get a year out of it. Nothing except regular maintanance. This little bomb still looks like it just came out of show room - after all these Canadian winters. In addition it still gets about 45 mpg (imperial gallon)....... an absolute gem.... It is the first Japanese car that I have ever owned and it will not the last. The concern I have about new Mazdas is the amount of Ford content..... my mechanic says they over built these 323's and I tend to believe him...

Reliable car
By Muddy on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Mazda 323 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Currently have 142,000 miles, original clutch, transmission, broke timing chain at 74,000 miles, air conditioner too costly to switch over to new coolant. Great car, wife calls it her "Putt Putt". 30+ MPG on highway and around 28 in town. Regular maintenance, batteries, tires, etc.