2015 Mazda 3 Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Mazda 3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Love it Except....
By Tom

2015 Mazda 3 Hatchback i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my Mazda3 hatchback a year now. I love the car with the exception of the navagation and rear view camera. The first problem was the navagation which is a TomTom. I prefer Garmin because I think it is easier to work. The TomTom doesn't cancel the trip when you turn off the car or even after you reach your destination. If you forget to cancel the trip it keeps trying to get you to the last destination. This isn't really so bad except once you start out again you can't cancel until you put the car in park. Not horrible but an easy fix for mazda. The real problem can after about 6 months when the rear camera broke. Dealership spent four hours trying to fix it before they decided to replace the whole unit display and all which took another two hours. It was cover under the warrenty which was fine. Now yesterday the camera broke again one month after the warrenty expired. Calling the dealership today and hope they will fix for free. Love the car not so much the electronics.

Old guy needs some comfort.
By R Nieske

2015 Mazda 3 Hatchback i Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I had a wonderful Honda Fit for 9 years and loved it. However I'm not a kid anymore and wanted something more comfortable. 9 years ago I was looking at the Mazda 3 and the Fit and chose the Fit. Now I choose the Mazda. The larger 16" wheels and wheelbase are more road/bump friendly. It's quieter. The Honda was less comfortable for my aging bones and back. Mazda is a small bit bigger but not a difficult adjustment to park. Design of sheet metal and interior is elegant for a car of this price. Purchased 2015 dealer courtesy car with 5000 miles. Mileage is same as the fit and has a little more storage. Love it.

is there something off w/ my particiular mazda?
By chuck williams

2015 Mazda 3 Hatchback i Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

bought the mazda3 hatchback on basis of unanimous positive reviews, the extra cargo space in square feet from the sedan, and the skyactive engine which purportedly yields 40 mpg highway (in hatchback version w/ the 2.0). turns out that even with very conservative driving habits and driving mostly highway miles, I am AVERAGING 30mpg. sometimes I can nudge avg mpg to 32+ on a very good gas tank week, but most weeks it's 29-30 mpg, about what I was getting on my (2008) mazda protege sedan in mostly stop and go miles daily down the famous route one corridor from Princeton to Piscataway. needless to say, despite loving the feel of the car and its road hugging capability, I am left w/ a bittersweet pall of disappointment that I have not progressed to a more economical car in my 2015 version of the 3. also feel like i didn't get a good deal from the dealer. I was naïve to not get the face that I was duped w/ the promotion offered at this dealer site. the sale off offer was NOT based on the sticker price on the car, but on a dealer prep charge not mentioned during our haggling. furthermore, the car had to be returned to the dealer after week one b/co f a faulty connection w/ the radio antenna.....I was pulling in only one clear radio station ! the dealer was as miffed as I as to why I was getting such horrific mpg on my car, and the mechanics had no solutions, so I am destined it seems to have to fill up after 320 or so miles....needed a fill-up after 400 miles in my blast one, and it seems the tanks are the same size (mfr says 13.5 or so, but dealer thinks it is closer to 12. does anybody out there really know what the gas tank size is on this car?

40,000 miles a year driver
By Drew

2015 Mazda 3 Hatchback i Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

As you can tell I drive quite a bit, I've had this car a little over a year and have 41K miles on it. Am I happy with this purchase, sure am. Has a few quirks but all in all pleasantly surprised. I've owned probably 20 cars or more so I have tried quite a few. I got the smaller motor due to my driving tendencies and the annual mileage I drive and after a year and 40K miles I pretty consistently average around 35-36MPG can I get more, sure, can I get less, also true but I would consider my driving....spirited. I also don't run on the 16" wheels on this model the grand touring i hatch back, I ordered with the car the mazda 18 wheels as on the GTS as I personally though the 16" wheels looked well less than adequate in the wheel wells. Bluetooth is actually quite good, radio not so much, fair in regards to reception quality, quality of sound on this model however is top notch. Use a CD or pandora, you'll never worry about the radio reception. Again bluetooth quality is top notch however on some rare occasions (maybe 10-12 times in the last year and more lately) caller will drop off without notice and entire entertainment system will actually fully reboot as if you started the car. Albeit it rare it can be annoying, dealership says they can't recreate the issue and I said yes because it is rare. In any case once rebooted it is back to normal but it happens on average 1-2 times a month lately. Other than that I wish it had more power and the excessive wind noise at speed (which is actually quite loud comparatively speaking) I have no issues, if you like to drive...this is the first compact I would consider a driver's car. So much so that I am actually thinking of trading it in already for the S grand touring manual model.

Great little car
By Jim

2015 Mazda 3 Hatchback i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

After driving this car for a year I am very satisfied with its performance. I get about 38mpg when I take care not let the car idle for long periods. With mileage like that you can't expect strong acceleration except possibly with a turbo. Ride and handling are exceptional for this size car and I really like the styling .