Used 2014 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Mazda 3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

BEST car for it's price range!!
By Ari Y

2014 Mazda 3 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

You can get a Honda Civic, a Toyota Corolla, a Nissan Sentra, or a Hyundai Accent for this price and honestly the design of the Mazda 3 is the best looking and the interior is sleek and great. It is the best bank for your buck and it honestly is a great car.

too many things wrong
By bill parker

2014 Mazda 3 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This was the highest rated of the small cars I evaluated for purchase, trading in a 2005 Acura TL. Most everything has been fine in the 21 months I've had the care EXCEPT mainly the audio system. I tried three different MP3's, none of which worked in the car. I finally got an iPod to work except that it often stops working unexpectedly. The radio presets do not last more than a day or two, then disappear. The flip up speedometer indicator soon stopped flipping up high enough to see it and sometimes doesn't come up at all. I usually have to flick it up. Resetting the odometer is a struggle and I sometimes cannot get it to work at all. The navigation system has some nice features but I have sometimes had to drive off the road and turn off the engine to get it working correctly. The voice direction on the navigation system is nearly inaudible at highway speeds. Although I like the mileage and the car is easy to drive, I would not buy it again and am considering trading in earlier than usual on Ford Fusion hybrid or Camry hybrid. This is about the 10th new car of my life and the only one with this many problems from the start.

Finally have a reliable car!!!
By Sam

2014 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have always had used cars until my last one left me on the side of the road with my 2 y/o on a summer day. I test drove almost every car under $25,000 and I don't regret my decision at all after 2 years. Not 1 thing has broken, failed or wore out! I love the 6 speed manual. Fun car to drive, is comfortable, cheap to own and is reliable! Would highly recommend buying!

Lots of little things are going wrong
By Beverlykid2000

2014 Mazda 3 Sedan i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

After owning it for about 18 months, I am flabbergasted that the light in the glove box went out almost a year ago. The remote only works 75% of the time and the suspension seems to be shot. The blue tooth will go offline and take forever to get back on line. The GPS is totally unreliable. It will actually have you leave the expressway and get right back on for no apparent reason. Once I was trying to go home and it kept telling me to turn around and go back to where I came from. It took an hour longer to get home then it did to arrive at my destination. I would not buy this car again and am thinking of dumping it ASAP.

Just totalled it and I'm sad it's gone
By Sarah H.

2014 Mazda 3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

First things first, it was a lease. I mention that because I have no idea what we ended up paying for it.

I enjoyed this car. Driving 33 miles one way to work every day and sitting at red lights for most of it, was where the vehicle excelled. I'm relatively small, so the seats were very comfortable to me. My fiance is only 5'11" and said he felt too big for it. The rear seats are a joke. Unless you are a toddler or just toting around less than 100 pound dogs, it probably won't be big enough. The few times an adult was in the backseat, it seemed very cramped. It's a four cylinder, though a zippy one, it's not a rocket-ship. I moved while owning this vehicle and the fold down back seats were awesome! Lots of room for a tiny car.

Mine routinely ended up at the dealer for little things. First my radio stopped working within about 8 days of ownership. According to them, it just needed an update which I really blame the dealer for more. Why that wasn't done before I left with the car the first time, I'll never know. The heads up display broke twice for no apparent reason. One of the speakers blew out. The navigation system was horribly out of date. My fiance's 07' truck was more aware of the roads near me than my 2014 car. I was never able to get the USB port to do anything other than very slowly charge my phone. The back up camera worked flawlessly as did the blind spot monitoring. It was noisy, though it didn't really bother me at the time but in hindsight, there was a ton of road noise. That being said, it handled getting in a car accident wonderfully and I walked away with just a bruise. All and all, not a bad car and I miss many of it's little features.