Used 2014 Mazda 3 Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Mazda 3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Great Value
By JohnS

2014 Mazda 3 Hatchback i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I would rate everything about this car higher than I had hoped, with the exception of road noise. The engine is extremely quiet, but noise from tires and wind reminds me that this is not a luxury car! But the quality and amenities are good, and reliability seems great. Acceleration is impressive, too, even with the 2 L.

Mazdocious
By Ian Bowen

2014 Mazda 3 Hatchback i Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Noisy inside

Mazda 3 Electronics
By John Thoreson

2014 Mazda 3 Hatchback i Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The software for the GPS and entertainment system is horrible. When using my GPS the screen will go blank at times and not come back on until I stop, turn off the car and restart. At times, when I have the radio on, I can't change channels and many times it won't connect to my phone. Now, the pop-up MPH display won't come up. I like the mechanics of the car but the electronics have way too many bugs and I wish I hadn't purchased it.

Fantastic stylish car
By Ryan Endres

2014 Mazda 3 Hatchback i Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car with high expectations and my expectations have been more than satisfied. The car has great acceleration, the fuel economy is great and it looks so good! If you are debating whether or not to purchase this car I would highly recommend buying it!

upset
By nosake

2014 Mazda 3 Hatchback i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

When I first saw this Mazda 3 in red on the dealership lot, I knew I'd own it. My first Mazda. I had been looking for an affordable, efficient car for about two years.

The Mazda 3 boasted 38mpg, the interior space was adequate for my use, and the drop-dead gorgeous color and redesign drew attention from everyone I knew. So, what's not to like?

Number 1 gripe is the height of the wrap-around front bumper. I scraped it the first day I owned it. The perpendicular curb is supposed to signal where you should stop when the tires hit it, not the car bumper. As careful as I've been since, the front end is a collection of scrapes and dents which dovetail with problem number 2: paint. I paid extra for the color and its finish and have had nothing but problems. I treat my vehicles well with washing, waxing, etc., so when water marks stood out within the first six months, the dealer told me to take an electric buffer to the paint. Set at it's slowest speed, my new DeWalt buffer burned the paint off that very same bumper.