From an actual owner
By Actual Maybach owner on
2004 Maybach 62 4dr Sedan (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)
I've never contributed to one of these pages, but after reading the reviews posted here by supposed Maybach owners, I had to take the time to do this. My 62 is an '05, and it is the second one I've had. The first one, an '04, was plagued by so many problems that Maybach bought it back from me after finally admitting they could not fix the numerous problems (too many to list here, but think of something a car has and it broke -- multiple times). I made the mistake of purchasing another, hoping for a different experience. Let's just say when I called the dealer to trade this car on something else, it was worth $120k less than I had paid 4 months earlier.
Favorite Features
Back three weeks later, they took another $50k off the trade-in value. Now, read the other reviews of this car below and tell me how many of these can really be satisfied owners whose car drops in value from $400k to $230k in 5 months.
Suggested Improvements
Understand WHY the value is plummeting? The limited demand has shrunk to nothing in light of the serious problems these cars have. Word gets around. My advice: buy anything, but a Maybach. Yes, they're pretty and comfortable, but so are other cars for much less, and you won't lose your shirt!