Used 2004 Maybach 62 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Maybach 62 - Consumer Reviews

2004 Maybach 62 Sedan

Base 5.5L V12 Twin-turbo 5-speed Automatic - (11 reviews )

Overrated
By Chauffeur

2004 Maybach 62 Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

Most people will never get the opportunity to drive this car. It is best off being admired from a distance. This vehicle has spent considerable time being fixed under warranty. The 62 is designed as a chauffeured vehicle but lacks the care and consideration that should be paid to such a vehicle. It is a very nice car but not worth the money. Resale on it is horrible so if you buy one get ready to lose a lot of money. And look out for when the vehicle comes out of warranty. Those computers will wreak havoc on your checking account! Fuel economy stinks.

Favorite Features

Still handles well for a long, heavy vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

More attention to the details. The rear passengers should be able to control all functions on the entertainment center. Switches should be better located.

From an actual owner
By Actual Maybach owner

2004 Maybach 62 Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

I've never contributed to one of these pages, but after reading the reviews posted here by supposed Maybach owners, I had to take the time to do this. My 62 is an '05, and it is the second one I've had. The first one, an '04, was plagued by so many problems that Maybach bought it back from me after finally admitting they could not fix the numerous problems (too many to list here, but think of something a car has and it broke -- multiple times). I made the mistake of purchasing another, hoping for a different experience. Let's just say when I called the dealer to trade this car on something else, it was worth $120k less than I had paid 4 months earlier.

Favorite Features

Back three weeks later, they took another $50k off the trade-in value. Now, read the other reviews of this car below and tell me how many of these can really be satisfied owners whose car drops in value from $400k to $230k in 5 months.

Suggested Improvements

Understand WHY the value is plummeting? The limited demand has shrunk to nothing in light of the serious problems these cars have. Word gets around. My advice: buy anything, but a Maybach. Yes, they're pretty and comfortable, but so are other cars for much less, and you won't lose your shirt!

It's OK
By FootDoctor

2004 Maybach 62 Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

My Maybach is okay. I've got too many cars anyway. It's not the "Crown Jewel" I thought it would be. Unfortunately, I still prefer my convertable Mondial (1992) to this car. I probably will keep it though - I do like rolling up to places in it, though the only people impressed are the people who know what it is (and they are usually guys, not girls). Maybach gets the nod, but I probable will not get another one. My S600 is equal in ride and speed. My SL55 is also just as nice a ride for a third of the cost. Still a "Mac Ride" though.

Favorite Features

The interior luxury is second to none.

Suggested Improvements

I wish it were more stylin' on the outside. Beefy car.

Top of the line
By DHarrisOrl

2004 Maybach 62 Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

With this vehicle, the designers thought of every imaginable luxury possible and than some. The exterior design is very modest and somewhat down plays to what's hidden inside and under the hood. The makers of this vehicle (a joint venture between Daimler Benz - Chrysler) created new auto-technology, leading the way in vehicle innovation from pre-crash technology to translucent material that illuminates by running a weak electrical current through it. The seating is spacious and the control of the rear environment is unsurpassed by any other luxury vehicle offered. You will NOT find another vehicle that offers what the Maybach offers. This vehicle renders all others, OBSOLETE... Derek :)

Favorite Features

Technology... Safety (pre-crash) Monitors, Innovation... ETC...

Suggested Improvements

NONE

From my point of view
By Truthful

2004 Maybach 62 Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

I love my Maybach but, this is my business car, I used to own a Mercedes Benz 500 sel and to me they feel like almost the same car. Although the maybach is better it does burn a lot of gas compared to my other cars. It is not really that much fun to drive. It feels safe inside and handles like a limo. This a very good car, but not for someone who like the real driving experience.

Suggested Improvements

no suggestions because it meets its purpose.