2005 Maserati Spyder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spyder model:
My 2005
By mbutter104 on 11/28/09 23:00 PM (PST)

2005 Maserati Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

After several months I love this car. Do not let others talk you out of this great ride. Ride is very nice, performance is better than average, get the tube exhaust. I am going to replace the audio system as this is the only thing that is NOT GOOD.

Fun to drive
By mbutter104 on 05/24/09 09:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Maserati Spyder Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

We just purchased a 2005 spyder with 9,500 miles. Half the price of new and all the fun. So far LOVE IT! Fun to drive and the quality is better than I had expected. As a corvette owner this is a blast to drive and very unique. The overall quality is very good. Not many around and a real head turner. The auto makes it easy to drive for those who just want to cruz.

It's a Blast
By GC on 10/07/05 16:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Maserati Spyder Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

I have been an exotic car dealer in the past and have driven a number of expensive cars. This new Read the full review

The affordable F430
By Kevin Calvert on 08/10/05 19:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Maserati Spyder Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

This car is simply amazing, amazingly fun to drive, very powerful, and very comfortable. It's the best all-around car I've ever owned.

1 year of ownership
By scortgt on 08/02/05 15:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Maserati Spyder Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

I have owned my Maserati Spyder Cambiocorsa for a year and really enjoy it. The engine is the highlight, 400 horsepower with a Tubi exhaust, sounds great and it is pretty fast. I like the looks quite a bit but that is personal taste. Interior is well done, but fit and finish is average at best. I understand buying a car like this will have some flaws and so far the car has been in twice for issues. I like this ride because you don't see many of them on the roads, like Mercedes SL 500's and Jaguar XK8, and Porsche 911's. This car is understated compared to pricier exotics.

"My Baby"
By Cynthia Edelman on 05/01/05 09:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Maserati Spyder Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

I bought my Maserati Spyder on the Internet. I have driven many different, high-end sports cars and my Spyder is the most fun to drive because of the Formual One transmission. The car can be driven in automaic mode or you can shift manually with the paddles on the steering column. The top goes up or down in about 30 seconds with the touch of a button, and it is really a head turner on the road. I had the Tubi Eghaust put on mine and it souds awesome! I love it!

masearti ownership
By maserati owner on 02/08/05 08:50 AM (PST)

2005 Maserati Spyder Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

The Maserati Spyder is terrific to drive, it feels like it has unlimited torque. You can floor it at any speed and are nailed to your seat. It is a beautiful, comfortable, elegant car. I wish the exhaust was louder though.