Used 2004 Maserati Spyder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Maserati Spyder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spyder model:

Maserati Thrill Ride
By Jeff

2004 Maserati Spyder Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

I bought my Maserati Spyder Cambiocorsa in May of 2004. The car is a light metallic blue with a light tan and navy interior. The car is fully optioned. The interior is the best looking interior of any car I have ever been in. Leather is everywhere and it is of the highest quality. While ferrari does own maserati they are very different cars. This car is a GT car, smoother ride and without the wild looks of a ferrari but it still gets tons of attention. It is in the same price range as the SL500 but much rarer and faster. Do not get the nav system it is almost useless, barely showing any information. The paddle shifters are amazing, though the 6 speed manual is very smooth too.

Favorite Features

interior quality and materials, exterior styling, tons of stares especially from BMW, Mercedes and Jaguar owners.

Suggested Improvements

Navigation system is awful, a $2000 completely useless option. Do not think of getting it unless they drastically improve it. a power hardtop convertible like the SL series would be nice. About 50 more Hp would be nice. Too many lesser cars are too close in performance.

My second Spyder
By Francie

2004 Maserati Spyder Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

I got the very first Maserati Spyder delivered by Ferrari of Washington when the new model came out. I traded in my first, silver Maserati with a black interior, for a black Spyder with a tan interior. I have driven it on the road and on the racetrack, it is totally responsive to all commands in both situations. This car is tight, smooth, powerful, fast, and beautiful.

Favorite Features

The paddle wheel shifter becomes such natural reflex that you wish all cars had it. Raising and lowering of top is beautifully done.

Suggested Improvements

With the top up, the back blind-spots are fairly large. The reverse gear is a little quirky. The avant-garde shifter handling must be learned.

Fast & Fun
By West8

2004 Maserati Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

After owning several comparable cars in the past the Maserati Spyder holds its own with preformance and style. It's great to drive a car that is unique and not typically seen on the road. Now my Porche spends much more time in the garage. The only problem I have found is in the design of the soft top. When the lid is up there is an over the shoulder blind spot that creates a problem. But who cares...when is the lid up anyway? Other than that, this car is well worth the price tag.

ITALIANS RULE
By KLAMIA2001

2004 Maserati Spyder Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

THIS IS MY THIRD MASERATI, A 2002, 2003 & A 2004. NOBODY MAKES A MORE CARISMATIC CAR THAN FERRARI.

Favorite Features

BODY STYLE, F 1 PADDLES

Suggested Improvements

NONE

Midlife Crisis?? I don't think so!
By d blair

2004 Maserati Spyder Cambiocorsa 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

Ok so I am a 55 year old man who has come to the point in my life when I can afford some of the nicer things in life. I know this might be sounding like a CRISIS Eulogy.. but let me tell you after a week of The John Barber Racing School and then the following week my felivery of my Masserati and there is nothing midlife about this baby. ABSOLUTELY the finest piece of Machinery That I have ever had the pleasure of driving.. From the onlookers to the behind the wheel guts of this bad boy and it all becomes perfectly clear when the Italians Do It Better slogan comes from... WOW!!

Favorite Features

The Tip Tronic clutchless Transmission attached to 397 horses...

Suggested Improvements

NONE