Best of the best
By darrellj on
2011 Maserati Quattroporte S 4dr Sedan (4.7L 8cyl 6A)
I am a car guy - period. Over 44 driving years I have owned every model of Porshe (excluding Panamera) every series BMW including the M's, 5 Vettes and a few others I've built. The Sport GTS takes a few miles to learn to drive, and appreciate, but in Sport Mode, Manual shift using paddles it is absolutely excellent in every aspect. Handling - bearing in mind it is a 4400 lb car - is every bit as good if not better than my EX 2011 M3 with competition package, much smoother on corners than any Vette. and definitely not lacking on power. Granted it does not have all the stupid stuff no reasonable person would want (as offered with S550 or 7 series). But talk about attention getting. Wow!
Favorite Features
Looks, sound cornering, comfort, sporty. Electronics are top notch once you have them figured out. Thisis the only car I have owned that actually took me 6 hours to diges the basics in the manual. Still working on some of the more intricate stuff.
Suggested Improvements
Add ceramic brake pads as standard. I added them and no more dust. Absolutely essential if you car about your wheels.