Better than expected
By Minneapolitan on
2008 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S Automatic 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)
I was very much ready to lease my third S class when I decided that I should at least explore the possibility of a Quattroporte. Now I cannot fathom ever buying from the Germans again. The car was bought for the looks and sporting credentials but I have been surprised by the quality and reliability. Despite the 20 in wheels the car rides well in the city where it spends most of its time. On the freeway there is plenty of power on tap though the car is downright lazy compared to the AMGs of my past. Regardless, the car is so well balanced, I prefer it. I've always loved cars but now I really love MY car.
Favorite Features
The appearance of the car speaks for itself: simply one of the most beautiful sedans even made. But in time I have come to favor the balance between power, handling, and luxury. There is no situation the QP does not handle well.
Suggested Improvements
The telematics of the car are archaic but I bought it because it's a great car, not a great computer. Resale value is horrible, but it's Italian. Servicing costs are high, but it's Italian.