2007 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT Automatic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Maserati Quattroporte - Consumer Reviews

2007 Quattroporte Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quattroporte model:

Sort Reviews by

Bad news
By philr43

2007 Maserati Quattroporte Sedan DuoSelect 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

It is with great disappointment that I have to report that a car I have enjoyed greatly for two and a half years was shown upon it's 62500 mile service to be suffering from very severe chassis corrosion. The Masarati Quatroporte 2007 is a brilliantly engineered and great looking car but sadly of inferior build quality. Having been so impressed prior to this service inspection I was ready to put in an order for the new Ghibli Maserati however now some assurance that build quality has improved is necessary, also I expect other owners to cars of similar age to mine to be advised to have a inspection done. This may catch corrosion in time and preclude the great expense of chassis replacement.

Better than my Ferrari 360
By RussB

2007 Maserati Quattroporte Sedan Sport GT DuoSelect 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

I am sad that my lease is ending on the QP. The car is amazing. I have owned 2 Lambos, 2 Ferarri 360s, an S600, an Arnage, a 745Li, and the QP is the best all around car I've ever owned. It is built along side the 612 Scaglietti and the minute you drive it you can feel Ferrari in its blood stream. The understated elegance and amazing drive train/suspension make this car my top choice in a crowded field of luxo/performance sedans. Mercedes and BMW simply don't have a clue compared to the Italians!

Favorite Features

That Ferrari feel in an every day sedan. Sexy styling, Italian leather, killer tunes, and the sound of the engine at 7000 rpm makes your skin crawl.

Suggested Improvements

The cover over the instrument pod sometimes rattles on a bumpy road. Other than that the car is perfect.

A sexy, impresive car; it is a pleasure!
By Barsallo1

2007 Maserati Quattroporte Sedan Sport GT DuoSelect 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

Fantastic driving and engine; really is a four door Ferrari. Interior is super. The sound of the engine is like music! Great car to own.

Favorite Features

The Duoselect transmission is great! Love the leather interior.

Suggested Improvements

none

Sport GTs Rock!
By SammySlim1

2007 Maserati Quattroporte Sedan Sport GT Automatic 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2006 Duoselect QP for this 2007 Sport GT automatic, and it is fantastic! Smoother, quieter, even better inside and out. Love the 20-inch wheels, the suspension and gearing in sport mode, and my wife loves the full automatic. This car gets lots of attention - my wife reports she gets more attention in this car than out of it! Handles perfectly, tremendous power and responsiveness in both automatic and manual modes. I put over 30,000 miles on my 2006 and plan to drive this car daily as well - the more you drive these, the more reliable they are. These cars are meant to be driven. Love this car!

Favorite Features

ZF transmission, interior appointments, sport mode suspension and gearing, just about everything about this car is a favorite.

Suggested Improvements

The nav/infotainment system is substandard, and is being fully updated in the 2009 version. It would be great if they offered an update. The system is serviceable but not great - the one in my Lexus is far superior. Fuel economy - well, if you're worried about gas prices, don't buy this car.

Maserati QP is a Four Door Ferrari
By Limacs

2007 Maserati Quattroporte Sedan Executive GT DuoSelect 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

I recently purchased the fully loaded Executive GT Duoselect QP by Maserati. To me, QP is a Four Door Ferrari. It's got all the power it has in a 8 cylinder ferrari plus more interior space. It rockets to 60mph in just 5.2 seconds and it has the most comfortable frictionless left and right turns you can make with any upscale sedans. Its got the sexiest engine noise you will ever hear in any car (since ferrari makes Maserati) and has brembo brakes that won't let you down when you really need it. The exterior design of QP is absolutely beautiful and it turn heads wherever you go. The only problem I have is the cabin noise. It is not as quite a Lexus or Merc.

Favorite Features

1. Performance V8 4.2L 400BHP 339 Lbs of Torque 2. Brembo Brakes - Carbon Ceramic Brakes, its ferrari Brakes and its the best ! 3. Beautiful Car Design 4. Exec's massaging rear seats 5. Beautiful Exec's Interior 6. New ZF's 6 speed Transmission gearbox, no more whiplash shifting

Suggested Improvements

1. Fuel Efficiency - 13mpg / 18mpg 2. Not as quite of a cabin as a Lexus / Merc. 3. Ride not as smooth and soft as Lexus or Merc. 4. Inability to control the amount of power you want to put out by the amount of pressure you put on the pedal.

Very Impressed
By jb7227

2007 Maserati Quattroporte Sedan DuoSelect 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

My 2007 QP has been nothing short of spectacular since the day I picked it up. I am happy I went went w/the DuoSelect. It is one of the best features of this car, smooth and very easy to master. I have owned BMWs, MBs, Jags. Nothing attracts as much attention on the road. It may be one of the most beautiful cars ever built! The engine sounds terrific (it is difficult to keep the revs below 4-5000 rpms on the upshifts, the engine is so willing to sing) and the interior would put a Bentley to shame. Gas mileage has averaged about 14 mpg overall. No problems so far after 2 months and 2800 miles. I would highly recommend this car for anyone who wants a car with real personality.

Favorite Features

DuoSelect transmission; wood steering wheel is a work of art; Cuoio (saddle) leather upholstery is stunning.

Suggested Improvements

None, plain and simple.

Maserati... Not Ready for Prime Time!
By jdt

2007 Maserati Quattroporte Sedan Sport GT DuoSelect 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

I bought my car in May and it's been in the shop for a total of 3 out of the 4 months I've had it. Computer problems, leak in interior (that Maserati can't reproduce but is reproduced every time it rains), bad CD player. The quality of the car is poor and Maserati does not have the maintenance supply set-up to handle mass produced cars. (They're used to Ferrari owners whose cars aren't needed on a daily basis.) For example, it took 2 weeks just to get the window leak fixed. While the engine and the handling of the car are excellent, Maserati is 5 years behind in terms of electronics and gadgetry that is common on most other mid and high end vehicles. I do not recommend this car!

Favorite Features

Engine and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Improve service capabilities, update GPS system to be current, improve computer/human interfaces, improve reliability, make cars that don't leak when it rains.

Zippy
By Stinkerbellorama

2007 Maserati Quattroporte Sedan Sport GT Automatic 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Yowza, this is a roaring machine for a suburban mom. Thinking I was under the radar in a 'sedan' I get thumbs up from every male between 12-60 years old. Super cushy interior, roomy back seat for passengers, cool analog clock in the dash make this a sylish ride. Beating every souped up honda off the line with a light push of the gas pedal also has its perks. Trunk space seems limited, weird portholes on the side made my mom comment it looks like a Buick (thanks mom). Gas mileage in sport mode is a whopping 9 mpg, 12+ in regular mode, but it's not as fun. Best things my kids like are the ability to control the passenger seat from the rear center console. Nicknamed the chauffer button.

Favorite Features

Analog clock - classy, the leather interior is primo, engine roar is kind of cool, except makes other drivers aggressive.

Suggested Improvements

Bose stereo sounds weird, not what I would expect. Unfortunately it's tied into the whole nav etc. Wheels are low profile, but kind of boring. Strange locking system traps the kids in the back seat, but they added a button for them to unlock (among many other buttons for them to play with).