Used 2007 Maserati Quattroporte Sedan Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Maserati Quattroporte Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quattroporte model:

I love this car!! It just draws you in...
By Charlie Hawkins

2007 Maserati Quattroporte Sedan Executive GT Automatic 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

OK, I'm going to try to do this quick. If you are considering one of these cars, You wont be disappointed. I sold my 2002 911 cab and my 2004 BMW 7 Series and moved to this 2007 QP Exec GT and 07 Escalade. This Maserati is so cool. The engine with 400 hp and lots of torque, the sound of the exhaust (it gets louder on Sport Mode) the handling, interesting interior and the exterior styling are like no other in its class. The engine block in these cars was shared with the Ferrari F360 and F430 however the tuning and resulting HP output is higher in the final Ferrari versions. These QP's are not mechanical nightmares at all. I have had nime for 4 years (from 2011 through present/2016) and have had no problems. Maintenance prices at the Ferrari/Maserati dealer are more than at Cadillac dealer but that is one of the trade off for driving a hand built Italian semi-exotic. The way this car drives above 50 MPH is hard to describe, All I can say is that it feels better than my modern day 911 did at speeds over 80, it seems to beg you to give it more gas. I know this really sounds weird, I find myself taking care of this car likes a living pet or something, I like it that much. If you are "car" person, these 2005 - 2008 pre-face lift (minor changes to bumpers and lights) are a steel right now! The list price on mine was $128,000. You can find good, reliable versions these cars now for between $30k and $45k. The "duo-select" same tranny as the Ferrari 360 paddle shift with clutch, but has an automatic mode is less sought after and expect to replace the clutch for about $4k every 35,000 miles. Conversely, the fully automatic transmission was released in 2007 models and it is flawless. It is made in Germany by the same supplier that makes the Mercedes and BMW transmissions. Its one of the smartest things Maserati ever did. These cars will sell for more and hold there value better than a duo select.
If you aren't limited in your budget, then also consider Quottroporte 4.7 Liter "S" model. That engine is very powerful and am told it makes the driving experience even that much better. I believe the "S" engine option was available starting in 2011 I hope this information has helped any of you that are considering buying a used Quottroporte.

Bad news
By philr43

2007 Maserati Quattroporte Sedan DuoSelect 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

It is with great disappointment that I have to report that a car I have enjoyed greatly for two and a half years was shown upon it's 62500 mile service to be suffering from very severe chassis corrosion. The Masarati Quatroporte 2007 is a brilliantly engineered and great looking car but sadly of inferior build quality.

Having been so impressed prior to this service inspection I was ready to put in an order for the new Ghibli Maserati
however now some assurance that build quality has improved is necessary, also I expect other owners to cars of similar age to mine to be advised to have a inspection done. This may catch corrosion in time and preclude the great expense of chassis replacement.

Better than my Ferrari 360
By RussB

2007 Maserati Quattroporte Sedan Sport GT DuoSelect 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

I am sad that my lease is ending on the QP. The car is amazing. I have owned 2 Lambos, 2 Ferarri 360s, an S600, an Arnage, a 745Li, and the QP is the best all around car I've ever owned. It is built along side the 612 Scaglietti and the minute you drive it you can feel Ferrari in its blood stream. The understated elegance and amazing drive train/suspension make this car my top choice in a crowded field of luxo/performance sedans. Mercedes and BMW simply don't have a clue compared to the Italians!

That Ferrari feel in an every day sedan. Sexy styling, Italian leather, killer tunes, and the sound of the engine at 7000 rpm makes your skin crawl.

The cover over the instrument pod sometimes rattles on a bumpy road. Other than that the car is perfect.

A sexy, impresive car; it is a pleasure!
By Barsallo1

2007 Maserati Quattroporte Sedan Sport GT DuoSelect 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

Fantastic driving and engine; really is a four door Ferrari. Interior is super. The sound of the engine is like music! Great car to own.

The Duoselect transmission is great! Love the leather interior.

none

Sport GTs Rock!
By SammySlim1

2007 Maserati Quattroporte Sedan Sport GT Automatic 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2006 Duoselect QP for this 2007 Sport GT automatic, and it is fantastic! Smoother, quieter, even better inside and out. Love the 20-inch wheels, the suspension and gearing in sport mode, and my wife loves the full automatic. This car gets lots of attention - my wife reports she gets more attention in this car than out of it! Handles perfectly, tremendous power and responsiveness in both automatic and manual modes. I put over 30,000 miles on my 2006 and plan to drive this car daily as well - the more you drive these, the more reliable they are. These cars are meant to be driven. Love this car!

ZF transmission, interior appointments, sport mode suspension and gearing, just about everything about this car is a favorite.

The nav/infotainment system is substandard, and is being fully updated in the 2009 version. It would be great if they offered an update. The system is serviceable but not great - the one in my Lexus is far superior. Fuel economy - well, if you're worried about gas prices, don't buy this car.