Love my Mazzio
By jhuffdoc on
2006 Maserati Quattroporte 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)
This is a manual transmission car which was not available in the list. All 2006 QP's were. I bought this with 1200 miles and have driven it daily. I still love to look at it and drive it! I was surprized at my first clutch and rear brakes having lasted only 12,000 miles, but chalk that up to showing friends the new car performance, it's been much better since. It's rear brake biased and those brakes and tires wear twice as fast as fronts, which was not expected. There have been some irritations such as window regulators going out, a short in the wiring to the trunk lid, and valets breaking the reverse switch. Regular maintenance is important and pays off in the long run.
Favorite Features
The style is fabulous. This car still draws attention and I live in an area with pleanty of exotics on the road. I love the F1 transmission and enjoy the being able to shift when desired at times when I feel like really driving the car. I also enjoy the road feel when I get a chance to get on the twisty roads. This is a sedan which can accommodate 5 people but I feel I can manuver as well as many GT cars and certainly much better than any other sedan. This is a drivers car. Though I don't do it often, it's fun to know it's there when I want; power and performance handling. Once you get to know this car it can be a blast to put into an occasional drift. Yes, drift!
Suggested Improvements
I must admit to wishing I had 2 cup holders. Big deal, and they've done that with models which have the automatic. I could use more trunk space, but where to get that?? I'd like more reliability in some parts such as the window regulator mechanism. One should'n have trouble with those at 35K miles in the rear when there have seldom been passengers there to use it. The reverse back up switch is not placed well, and too easily broken by valets. I'd suggest a simple button on the dash rather than the chrome football lever on the console. Sometimes the defrost and heating combination doesn't seem to get the job done. Air conditioning is fine but at 40 deg. balance can be awkward.