2006 Maserati Quattroporte Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quattroporte model:
Love my Mazzio
By jhuffdoc on 03/17/12 21:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Maserati Quattroporte Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is a manual transmission car which was not available in the list. All 2006 QP's were. I bought this with 1200 miles and have driven it daily. I still love to look at it and drive it! I was surprized at my first clutch and rear brakes having lasted only 12,000 miles, but chalk that up to showing friends the new car performance, it's been much better since. It's rear brake biased and those brakes and tires wear twice as fast as fronts, which was not expected. There have been some irritations such as window regulators going out, a short in the wiring to the trunk lid, and valets breaking the reverse switch. Regular maintenance is important and pays off in the long run.

poorly manufactured
By massimovolo on 12/24/11 11:38 AM (PST)

2006 Maserati Quattroporte Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

i bought this car in 2010 it was used. Im more disappointed in the quality of the equipment. in the same year i was driving from VA to NJ my car broke down halfway there- air condition pump went bad with only 17,000 miles on it. Also I felt a hesitation in cruise control when i was going downhill so I took it to the dealership. They said I had a bad clutch at 17,000 miles also. I am 100% Italian, born in Italy, I am ashamed to say this is an Italian made car. Its already cost me 3,900 for the compressor for the air condition and it's going to cost me another $5900 to replace the clutch. I can't believe that 140,000 car has this kind of equipment in it.

The Perfect Italian Saloon
By Briik on 03/05/09 17:13 PM (PST)

2006 Maserati Quattroporte Sedan Sport GT 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Title says it all. This car makes me feel like the Godfather every time I drive it. The styling, inside and out, is a perfect creation by the masters at Pininfarina. The seats alone are like $10k Italian furniture pieces! The engine is wonderfully powerful, with a huge torque curve maxing-out at over 7000RPM. The SOUND from this car is totally out of this world and isn't comparable to the noise of any other 4-door on the planet. All of the seats are adjustable with massive leg and head room (I'm 6'5" tall and 250lbs and I fit perfectly). Only complaint is that the head-rests on the seats don't raise up high enough for me. Service is great in general, price for the work is exotic tho.

Love it
By Mark on 03/04/07 16:48 PM (PST)

2006 Maserati Quattroporte Sedan Executive GT 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

It takes a little while to learn how to drive it. Once you do, you will love it.

Needs Design Help
By cucuza on 01/28/07 17:52 PM (PST)

2006 Maserati Quattroporte Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The car is beautiful...probably the most beautiful sedan out there. However, the dealership we use is awful. They have no mechanics for the car. Once I had an appointment and they told me that their mechanics were at the races and could not take care of my car. It was the November 2006 at Homestead Speedway. All American cars...go figure. The mechanics were more important than someone who paid $130,000 for her car. The car has a tire error. If you u-turn tightly, the tire gets slashed by the body. The 2005 transmission take time to pickup. Hopefully they perfected it. The 6-CD changer rattles like crazy. The car is meant to be driven on long trips/highway, not the city. It is a gorgeous car though.

I'd Buy One Again
By mgold on 08/27/06 08:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Maserati Quattroporte Sedan Sport GT 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I am a new owner, so my opinion might be tainted by the "new car" excitement, but this is one car that excites all of one's senses. The sound of the Sport GT is spectacular as it reaches the red line. I love my car.

Best on the street...
By JP Newps on 07/10/06 15:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Maserati Quattroporte Sedan Sport GT 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've been searching for a sports car for the last two months. DI've driven everything from the new Bentley Continental GT, Porsche 911 4S, Mercedes S550, BMW M6, etc... Nothing compared to the styling, performance and price of the QP Sport GT. It's the hottest car on the road and turns everyone's head, including my friends with Lambo's and 430s...

My second Q-porte as a daily driver
By Jay Huffaker on 06/18/06 19:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Maserati Quattroporte Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This Italian creation is all that style means to the Italians. The car draws admiration from all ages and economic strata. This is my second Quattroporte, the first ('84) I drove daily for 8 years. The build quality has improved beyond belief. I drive this car hard and enjoy it the way I imagine it was intended. So far there have been zero problems. The performance is amazing. Once you get a sense of where the limits are you can really have a sports car experience in the morning and enjoy the luxury as you and friends arrive at your favorite 5 star restaurant. that evening. The controls are easy to use and well positioned. But, remember the trany is a standard when on hills.

Fun and Fast
By bruce bordelon on 03/30/06 22:19 PM (PST)

2006 Maserati Quattroporte Sedan Executive GT 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This car is very interesting to drive. The suspension and handling feel like you are on rails and the car is drop dead gorgeous.

Quattroporte 2006
By rf on 03/28/06 11:43 AM (PST)

2006 Maserati Quattroporte Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This car is a dream. Gorgeous, comfortable, sporty, smooth riding, great exterior colors with fabulous interior hides. It is better, much better than our Mercedes S class. It's more like an SL in a more comfortable CLS body. I'm now an ex-Mercedes-Benz customer (except for my SL).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.