Used 2006 Maserati Quattroporte Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Maserati Quattroporte - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quattroporte model:

Most Helpful|
Love my Mazzio
By jhuffdoc

2006 Maserati Quattroporte 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is a manual transmission car which was not available in the list. All 2006 QP's were. I bought this with 1200 miles and have driven it daily. I still love to look at it and drive it! I was surprized at my first clutch and rear brakes having lasted only 12,000 miles, but chalk that up to showing friends the new car performance, it's been much better since. It's rear brake biased and those brakes and tires wear twice as fast as fronts, which was not expected. There have been some irritations such as window regulators going out, a short in the wiring to the trunk lid, and valets breaking the reverse switch. Regular maintenance is important and pays off in the long run.

Favorite Features

The style is fabulous. This car still draws attention and I live in an area with pleanty of exotics on the road. I love the F1 transmission and enjoy the being able to shift when desired at times when I feel like really driving the car. I also enjoy the road feel when I get a chance to get on the twisty roads. This is a sedan which can accommodate 5 people but I feel I can manuver as well as many GT cars and certainly much better than any other sedan. This is a drivers car. Though I don't do it often, it's fun to know it's there when I want; power and performance handling. Once you get to know this car it can be a blast to put into an occasional drift. Yes, drift!

Suggested Improvements

I must admit to wishing I had 2 cup holders. Big deal, and they've done that with models which have the automatic. I could use more trunk space, but where to get that?? I'd like more reliability in some parts such as the window regulator mechanism. One should'n have trouble with those at 35K miles in the rear when there have seldom been passengers there to use it. The reverse back up switch is not placed well, and too easily broken by valets. I'd suggest a simple button on the dash rather than the chrome football lever on the console. Sometimes the defrost and heating combination doesn't seem to get the job done. Air conditioning is fine but at 40 deg. balance can be awkward.

Quattroporte 2006
By rf

2006 Maserati Quattroporte 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This car is a dream. Gorgeous, comfortable, sporty, smooth riding, great exterior colors with fabulous interior hides. It is better, much better than our Mercedes S class. It's more like an SL in a more comfortable CLS body. I'm now an ex-Mercedes-Benz customer (except for my SL).

Favorite Features

The style, comfort, and drive.

Suggested Improvements

It needs a bit more room in the rear

My second Q-porte as a daily driver
By Jay Huffaker

2006 Maserati Quattroporte 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This Italian creation is all that style means to the Italians. The car draws admiration from all ages and economic strata. This is my second Quattroporte, the first ('84) I drove daily for 8 years. The build quality has improved beyond belief. I drive this car hard and enjoy it the way I imagine it was intended. So far there have been zero problems. The performance is amazing. Once you get a sense of where the limits are you can really have a sports car experience in the morning and enjoy the luxury as you and friends arrive at your favorite 5 star restaurant. that evening. The controls are easy to use and well positioned. But, remember the trany is a standard when on hills.

Favorite Features

The combination of performance (0 to 60 in 5.1 sec), luxury, and beautiful style and knowing that you won't see yourself at every corner (Bentley's and Mercedes in Beverly Hills) truely sets this car appart from all the rest. I smile everytime I get behind the wheel. It has a good sound system too.

Suggested Improvements

It would be difficult to increase trunk space and preserve the design, but it could stand to be a bit larger. The metalic brakes sqeal quite loudly when it is cold. And my pet gripe is the cup holder. It just waits for debris to collect and we could always use more bins, etc. for things like coins.

Needs Design Help
By cucuza

2006 Maserati Quattroporte 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The car is beautiful...probably the most beautiful sedan out there. However, the dealership we use is awful. They have no mechanics for the car. Once I had an appointment and they told me that their mechanics were at the races and could not take care of my car. It was the November 2006 at Homestead Speedway. All American cars...go figure. The mechanics were more important than someone who paid $130,000 for her car. The car has a tire error. If you u-turn tightly, the tire gets slashed by the body. The 2005 transmission take time to pickup. Hopefully they perfected it. The 6-CD changer rattles like crazy. The car is meant to be driven on long trips/highway, not the city. It is a gorgeous car though.

Favorite Features

The look and the paint.

Suggested Improvements

Look at all the complaints

poorly manufactured
By massimovolo

2006 Maserati Quattroporte 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

i bought this car in 2010 it was used. Im more disappointed in the quality of the equipment. in the same year i was driving from VA to NJ my car broke down halfway there- air condition pump went bad with only 17,000 miles on it. Also I felt a hesitation in cruise control when i was going downhill so I took it to the dealership. They said I had a bad clutch at 17,000 miles also. I am 100% Italian, born in Italy, I am ashamed to say this is an Italian made car. Its already cost me 3,900 for the compressor for the air condition and it's going to cost me another $5900 to replace the clutch. I can't believe that 140,000 car has this kind of equipment in it.

Suggested Improvements

I hope that the builders of Maserati will improve the equipment and parts in these kinds of cars considering the amount of money they cost.