Used 2006 Maserati Quattroporte Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Maserati Quattroporte - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quattroporte model:

Horrible quality
By demon5332

2006 Maserati Quattroporte Executive GT 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought car with 38k miles and now have 45k miles. Car history looked like it had regular service as late as 36k miles at a Ferrari dealer. Since purchasing it I have replaced a shift actuator (10k part) an f1 pump, driver side door handle. The window wash sprayers do not work so some switch inside steering wheel broken. Massage seat on driver has not worked since purchase. Just started hearing air in back window and it wouldn't roll up so back window I've never used probably now needs a new window regulator. And clutch needs replacement. Off a stop the car has horrible at best acceleration and lurches even when using the manual and sport mode properly. Also interior in rear falling apart.

Looks of front end.

Not build lemons and charge people ridiculous amounts of money for said lemon. How do things in back of car break and have interior falling apart when no one is even back there? All these parts failing is ridiculous with 38k miles.

Love my Mazzio
By jhuffdoc

2006 Maserati Quattroporte 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is a manual transmission car which was not available in the list. All 2006 QP's were. I bought this with 1200 miles and have driven it daily. I still love to look at it and drive it! I was surprized at my first clutch and rear brakes having lasted only 12,000 miles, but chalk that up to showing friends the new car performance, it's been much better since. It's rear brake biased and those brakes and tires wear twice as fast as fronts, which was not expected. There have been some irritations such as window regulators going out, a short in the wiring to the trunk lid, and valets breaking the reverse switch. Regular maintenance is important and pays off in the long run.

The style is fabulous. This car still draws attention and I live in an area with pleanty of exotics on the road. I love the F1 transmission and enjoy the being able to shift when desired at times when I feel like really driving the car. I also enjoy the road feel when I get a chance to get on the twisty roads. This is a sedan which can accommodate 5 people but I feel I can manuver as well as many GT cars and certainly much better than any other sedan. This is a drivers car. Though I don't do it often, it's fun to know it's there when I want; power and performance handling. Once you get to know this car it can be a blast to put into an occasional drift. Yes, drift!

I must admit to wishing I had 2 cup holders. Big deal, and they've done that with models which have the automatic. I could use more trunk space, but where to get that?? I'd like more reliability in some parts such as the window regulator mechanism. One should'n have trouble with those at 35K miles in the rear when there have seldom been passengers there to use it. The reverse back up switch is not placed well, and too easily broken by valets. I'd suggest a simple button on the dash rather than the chrome football lever on the console. Sometimes the defrost and heating combination doesn't seem to get the job done. Air conditioning is fine but at 40 deg. balance can be awkward.

poorly manufactured
By massimovolo

2006 Maserati Quattroporte 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

i bought this car in 2010 it was used. Im more disappointed in the quality of the equipment. in the same year i was driving from VA to NJ my car broke down halfway there- air condition pump went bad with only 17,000 miles on it. Also I felt a hesitation in cruise control when i was going downhill so I took it to the dealership. They said I had a bad clutch at 17,000 miles also. I am 100% Italian, born in Italy, I am ashamed to say this is an Italian made car. Its already cost me 3,900 for the compressor for the air condition and it's going to cost me another $5900 to replace the clutch. I can't believe that 140,000 car has this kind of equipment in it.

I hope that the builders of Maserati will improve the equipment and parts in these kinds of cars considering the amount of money they cost.

The Perfect Italian Saloon
By Briik

2006 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Title says it all. This car makes me feel like the Godfather every time I drive it. The styling, inside and out, is a perfect creation by the masters at Pininfarina. The seats alone are like $10k Italian furniture pieces! The engine is wonderfully powerful, with a huge torque curve maxing-out at over 7000RPM. The SOUND from this car is totally out of this world and isn't comparable to the noise of any other 4-door on the planet. All of the seats are adjustable with massive leg and head room (I'm 6'5" tall and 250lbs and I fit perfectly). Only complaint is that the head-rests on the seats don't raise up high enough for me. Service is great in general, price for the work is exotic tho.

Design. The Sound. The Power. The Legroom. And the exclusivity. :)

Needs aftermarket Bluetooth to be practical for phone use. Could go without the sun-roof, but I guess people like that.

Love it
By Mark

2006 Maserati Quattroporte Executive GT 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

It takes a little while to learn how to drive it. Once you do, you will love it.

The interior.

The phone system needs to be improved.