2005 Maserati Quattroporte Consumer Reviews

2005 Maserati Quattroporte - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.2L V8 6-speed Automated Manual - (13 reviews )
How to buy a Maserati
By roman615 on 03/01/15 16:00 PM (PST)

2005 Maserati Quattroporte 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

Just bought a 2005 Maserati. One of the best cars ever! Styling is amazing! Drives like a dream. So many people say bad things about this car and they may very well be true. However, buy a low mileage older car where the kinks are already worked out and you get a Ferrari for the price of a Ford. Will it cost more to maintain? Sure. But the driving experience is worth every penny! Mine has 38K miles and there are a few idiosyncrasies but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Say what you will but I will be smiling from ear to ear as I pass your BMW, Mercedes, Audi, or whatever. If you are wanting a true enthusiast's car that looks as good as it drives, this is it!

Looks Good But Hunk Of Junk
By dane17 on 01/14/13 18:07 PM (PST)

2005 Maserati Quattroporte 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

This car is strictly "looks only", it is not reliable or even close to it. I have already sank $13,760 in repairs at only 23K miles. This is totally unacceptable for a $140K car when new. I am taking it to the auction next week to "unload" before it can empty my wallet again. But if you want a sharp car that sits good in the driveway - this is it! Just don't drive it anywhere!!

Poor Quality
By voomvoom1977 on 12/03/12 12:00 PM (PST)

2005 Maserati Quattroporte 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

Im having the hardest time figuring out why I $113k car is worst than my 92 chevy cavalier. This car has been in the shop more than I can remember. TOO many problems for a luxury car. Computer sensors/transmission failures/alarm malfunctions/clutch/battery/engine failure systems problems just to name a few. I will NEVER buy another.

Worst Quality EVER
By forspam on 10/14/09 12:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Maserati Quattroporte 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

Bought with 9,000 miles and 12 months left on warranty. More time with Ferrari/Maserati Houston than driving. Throw-out bearing/seals warranty replaced but clutch plate not covered ($1000 part). Software problems=failed plugs ($1000). Failure both fuel pumps ($3,500). Door mechanism failure, plus numerous trips to get transmission software upgrades. Car has total 15,000 miles on odometer. Even the most trivial parts are special order from Italy. I will NEVER buy an Italian car again.

Not Ready for Prime-Time Player
By Murrayr1 on 12/11/05 13:25 PM (PST)

2005 Maserati Quattroporte 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

I may be the only person in the US to own two Maserati Quattroportes. My first had multiple problems that included sensors, transmission and finally the main computer; all in the first three months of ownership. OK, anything is possible with a new model, right? Maserati of NA gave me a new one and I had the transmission re-built (clutch and throw-out bearing) same as the first. The dealer bent over backward to help. Corporate gave me a song and dance about wanting to study my car and then sold it without disclosing the problems. Beware, the "clutch is a wear item", 2500 to replace (they did mine free due to 3k miles) and , "good for 20k mi" (srvce mgr). Not disclosed.

The car for real enthusiasts
By LAFORZAGOP on 10/30/05 21:39 PM (PST)

2005 Maserati Quattroporte 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

This car is sick. My dad bought his this July after driving the likes of the Mercedes-Benz S500, S55 AMG, BMW 745Li, and Jaguar XJR. Of these cars the Maserati is definately the most special. It looks like nothing on the road and people will constantly stare and give appeasing gestures. It drives like a dream. It corners absolutely ridiculouslt for a 5,000 lb. + four door sedan. In fact I think it handles better than my Dad's heavily modded Porsche C4. After driving this car I just don't think its possible to go back to the mass produced German and British cars. It makes you feel special and you will find yourself just going outside just to look at it. This is by far the best designed sedan on market today.

Race Car Performance / Luxurious 4 Door
By Paolo Cristoferro on 10/05/05 14:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Maserati Quattroporte 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

This most recent iteration of the Maserati Quattroporte is in a class by itself. The 8 cyl 4.2l dry-sump Maserati engine makes 400 bhp with no turbo or supercharger, far surpassing anything from BMW or Mercedes-Benz. With the engine tucked low and behind the front axle, and the tranny on the rear axel, this 4200 lb luxury sedan handles like an F-16. Its big sticky Bridgestone runflats keep it glued to the road, encouraging you to accelate through ridiculously tight turns. The faster you go, the more stable the ride gets! The sensuous curves of the Pininfarina body put the Quattroporte in sharp contrast to the edgy, techno-bods on the German competitors. Everywhere I go, heads turn, thumbs go up, and tongues hang out. Outstanding car.

If looks really were everything . . .
By Angry but Hopeful on 09/20/05 13:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Maserati Quattroporte 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

Gorgeous sedan over a sports car chassis. I've owned it 20 days; it's been in the shop 6 of those. Of 530 miles since delivery, 162 miles (31%) are repair-related (and that will increase because it's at the dealer again). I'm having horrible flashbacks to my gorgeous '92 Jaguar VandenPlas. Apparently the notion of competitive benchmarking isn't known in this company; it lacks some features that have been standard in other luxury cars for a decade. I'm praying that the problems will cease because, when I've been able to drive it, it's a really fun car to drive--and I don't mind the head-turning effects, either! (I'm old enough to know it's the car, not me, causing the head- turning.)

Class with Flash
By Pennston on 08/10/05 21:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Maserati Quattroporte 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

This car gives you the feel of the powerful muscle car going thru the gears, but has the luxury features never imagined available with this type automobile. I have yet to take the car out and not get a double take or the typical shout "What kind of car is that" The performance and features of the car live up to the impact of the look.

A Not Ready for Prime Time Player
By murrayr1 on 07/28/05 01:21 AM (PDT)

2005 Maserati Quattroporte 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

I have had two, count them two Quattroportes. My first was a disaster. Computer, sensor and transmission failures. The bright shining star has been the dealership and support. They have ALL been wonderful and tried very hard to make things right. BUT, my second Q is currently having the transmission re-built. This car is a beauty and fun to drive. It cannot, however be what Maserati would like it to be, an entry level exotic. I don't know what they are smoking on the other side but someone needs to do some serious re-thinking about quality control in a 100k car. What I will do? Ball is in Maserati's court to make me real happy. For now, this is not a prime time player.