Used 2005 Maserati Quattroporte Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Maserati Quattroporte - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.2L V8 6-speed Automated Manual - (14 reviews )

Dangerous Car, Non-existent customer Serivce
By grishca

2005 Maserati Quattroporte 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

Gas pedal got stuck 3 times!!! We have experienced issues with the car since we got it in April 2014. Screeching breaks. Radio not working. Tires rubbing. Maserati of Bergen and Maserati of North America could not resolve our problems. They did not have a loaner to offer us since DECEMBER 2014. Gas pedal got stuck again today for the third time. Scary! Stay away

Favorite Features

Terrible experience

Suggested Improvements

None

How to buy a Maserati
By roman615

2005 Maserati Quattroporte 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

Just bought a 2005 Maserati. One of the best cars ever! Styling is amazing! Drives like a dream. So many people say bad things about this car and they may very well be true. However, buy a low mileage older car where the kinks are already worked out and you get a Ferrari for the price of a Ford. Will it cost more to maintain? Sure. But the driving experience is worth every penny! Mine has 38K miles and there are a few idiosyncrasies but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Say what you will but I will be smiling from ear to ear as I pass your BMW, Mercedes, Audi, or whatever. If you are wanting a true enthusiast's car that looks as good as it drives, this is it!

Favorite Features

Engine, features, exhaust sound, handling, fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Better Nav system (I use my iPhone anyway). The interior trim parts can flake after use. A little better quality in that respect would make this car perfect.

Looks Good But Hunk Of Junk
By dane17

2005 Maserati Quattroporte 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

This car is strictly "looks only", it is not reliable or even close to it. I have already sank $13,760 in repairs at only 23K miles. This is totally unacceptable for a $140K car when new. I am taking it to the auction next week to "unload" before it can empty my wallet again. But if you want a sharp car that sits good in the driveway - this is it! Just don't drive it anywhere!!

Suggested Improvements

Everything mechanical!!

Poor Quality
By voomvoom1977

2005 Maserati Quattroporte 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

Im having the hardest time figuring out why I $113k car is worst than my 92 chevy cavalier. This car has been in the shop more than I can remember. TOO many problems for a luxury car. Computer sensors/transmission failures/alarm malfunctions/clutch/battery/engine failure systems problems just to name a few. I will NEVER buy another.

Worst Quality EVER
By forspam

2005 Maserati Quattroporte 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

Bought with 9,000 miles and 12 months left on warranty. More time with Ferrari/Maserati Houston than driving. Throw-out bearing/seals warranty replaced but clutch plate not covered ($1000 part). Software problems=failed plugs ($1000). Failure both fuel pumps ($3,500). Door mechanism failure, plus numerous trips to get transmission software upgrades. Car has total 15,000 miles on odometer. Even the most trivial parts are special order from Italy. I will NEVER buy an Italian car again.

Suggested Improvements

quality control, then QUALITY CONTROL, followed by Q U A L I T Y C O N T R O L.