Used 2008 Maserati GranTurismo Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Maserati GranTurismo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.2L V8 6-speed Automatic - (6 reviews )

BEWARE!
By eyedoc

2008 Maserati GranTurismo Coupe 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is a gorgeous, fast, comfortable ride that definitely turns heads. Unfortunately, it's full of quirks, and electrical problems. My car has been back to dealership eight times in as many months. Navigation, proximity sensors, alarm system, seat heater have all failed or not worked properly. Dealer has been responsive, but the car may disappoint for this reason.

Beautiful styling, very fast but not uncomfortable. Very comfortable for around-town driving.

See above.

Loving my car
By Matzorati

2008 Maserati GranTurismo Coupe 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I love my Gran Turismo. I haven't even driven my Rangerover since I bought it. I have put 20,000 miles on it in 17 months. I love everything EXCEPT that the 20 rims leave so little rubber that I get blow outs often. I purchased the insurance, but that doesn't get you where you are going. After my third blow out late at night in a not so wonderful location I purchased the inflatable spare kit from the dealer. It takes up about 1/t the trunk and cost over $2000. So my advice is no larger rims - otherwise the car is a complete and wonderful driving experience!

Styling. Heads turn when you drive by. Great road hugging and power on demand.

Trunk should pop open when released.

Prop shaft defect
By Kevin Dorgan

2008 Maserati GranTurismo Coupe 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Stunning looking vehicle and quite rare to have 4 usable seats in this style of car. Gear box is excellent in manual sport mode, brakes only average, perhaps a little under powered, but no doubt S model will resolve these issues. It really is a joy to drive long and short distances. Engine has an enjoyable sound and in most areas it does what it was designed to do, and really quite well. However I have experienced unacceptable problems with the prop shaft. The vehicle is presently having its fifth shaft fitted. The rear tires are also wearing unevenly and at an unacceptable rate. Maserati has not been able so far to identify the cause or solution to the problem.

Looks, noise, driving experience when its running properly.

More power, better brakes, find solution to prop shaft issue if other drivers are experiencing the problem.

Most Excellent
By Palo Alto

2008 Maserati GranTurismo Coupe 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

You must see this car in person. Photos do not due it justice. Rarely does a day go by when someone doesn't stare or yell out the window about my car. This is the ultimate executive car. Comfortable, luxurious and fun. Back seat can fit 2 full size adults but, the car does not look large from the outside. Interior is so Italian. No German car can match. The best part, no one else has one.

Interior leather.

More horsepower, but hear an S model is coming.

What a Machine!
By mrh

2008 Maserati GranTurismo Coupe 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I love this new GranTurismo. For me, it's got just the right blend of head turning looks and performance. I have had BMW M5, 645ci, and Porsche 911 -- while all fine automobiles, they lacked the "total package" I was looking for. I was looking real grand touring auto, something for trips to the Lake, Chicago and Kentucky. This new GranTurismo fills the bill for me. The only drawback I can find so far is the seats tend to get really hot when parked in the sun and take a while to cool off (Bourdeaux). Ventilated seats would be a great option.

Styling, comfortable highway ride, quality, satisfactory on the twisty stuff, terrific sound.

Ventilated seats