2006 Maserati GranSport - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GranSport model:
Addictive car!
By CD-F1 on 12/02/08 08:16 AM (PST)

2006 Maserati GranSport LE 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned this car since new for 2 years. Mine is the MC Victory edition. It is one of my favorite cars to drive if not the best. I have and had Ferrari F430, MB Amgs CLK 55, SL 55, Porsche Boxster S. You never get bored of this beauty. The sound is definitely addictive and the handling is great. I must add though that I installed aftermarket anti-roll bars as for track driving the suspension even in sport mode is more GT than Sport car biased (a little soft). I truly enjoy driving this bella machina daily to work and taking it to Lime Rock and put it through its paces! Can't get enough of it. Maserati should consider bringing a newer version of this car. (Not the Gran Turismo)

Awesome value
By Andy on 11/01/08 17:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Maserati GranSport LE 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have been driving this car every day to work since the end of summer. It has proven to be a totally reliable, strong performing GT which is much more fun and exciting to drive than anything German. It feels like a bargain Ferrari - which is exactly what it is. If you need four seats and a supercar you can use everyday, this is it. I own and have owned several BMWs, Ferraris and Maseratis, and the Gransport is one of the best balanced cars I've ever had. It combines strong performance, great looks and solid build quality.

Owned multiple Maseratis
By Lively on 01/04/08 07:36 AM (PST)

2006 Maserati GranSport 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

We have owned, and driven heavily, a few Maseratis from the 2002 spyders to the 2006 GranSport MCV. All the cars are stunningly beautiful, ferocious driving machines, and comfortable GT cruisers. The problems with transmission that were evident on the 3200 (pre GranSport) have been fully resolved to the point where Ferraris now use Maserati's Cambiocorsa F1 transmission. The ride is smooth unless you utilize Sport mode, which also acts as a volume and power control for the exhaust system. Responce is superb, shifting is fast, acceleration is amazing for a 4.2 liter v8. Compare the GS to the v8s of other makers, and you will wonder why non-Italian builders bother trying!

True Sports GT
By Italian Rosso on 07/30/07 14:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Maserati GranSport LE 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The vehicle while not a Ferrari, is a very liveable sports car. In 'Normal' mode it drives refined, much smoother than expected. In 'sport' mode it gets going in a hurry, with shifting up like a madman (I am not sure if the new automatic transmission is as fast) and the roar of a jet. It has no trouble handling BMW 6 Series Ms or most Mercedes Benz AMGs through the mountains. While its 400 horsepower seems light compared to the V10s or massive V8s of MB those cars are also have several hundred pounds heavier than the Maser. While not a Ferrari, it is infinitely liveable, and has the hp/weight ratio comparable to the best in its class.

I Love This Machine
By Love It on 04/03/07 18:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Maserati GranSport LE 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is the only true sports car GT that is a beautiful inside as it is on the outside. The interior has plenty of room for 4 and beats the heck out of the plastics native to the porsche or the jag xk. I spent a lot of time in my search for the perfect car and this is as close as it gets. Moreover, once a "stick only" guy, the F1 paddles have won me over.

Gransport Coupe LE
By joemarzo on 11/28/06 15:14 PM (PST)

2006 Maserati GranSport LE 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The car is truly exhilarating to drive and is a great value considering its exclusivity and heritage. I have had the car for one month so far and the exhaust remains intoxicating. The hi-fi sound system is superb and the steering/handling characteristics are exceptional. Lastly, this F-1 manual transmission has won me over traditional clutch shifting.

My Gransport LE
By Tom on 10/30/06 13:26 PM (PST)

2006 Maserati GranSport LE 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The Maserati GranSport is a great riding car. It has great acceleration and incredible handling at high speeds.

Maserati Masterpiece
By Rich on 10/01/06 22:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Maserati GranSport LE 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I had an 2002 Coupe Corsa and loved it. It had no reliability problems. Its tires got around 10,000 miles. I attended the Master Maserati Driving school, which used mostly Gransports. I was amazed at how stable the car was on the Road Atlanta race course. It was almost impossible to get into driving trouble. I saw the spy photos of the new Maserati Coupe for late 2007/2008 and thought the car was going too large and too much like a 2-door Quattroporte, despite the 470 (est) horsepower. So my warranty was running out and I purchased a new 2006 Gransport LE. I could not be happier or be having more fun. It seems to me, that if you want a true GT coupe, who wants bigger rear seats.

Flying Horse
By Salman on 08/12/06 22:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Maserati GranSport LE 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

When they say that this is a poor man's Ferrari, it's true. It has a Ferrari F-430 engine and its acceleration and handling are comparable. It is fun to drive in both auto and paddle shift but the latter keeps one more engaged. It clings to the road like gum and is extremely responsive in both steering and acceleration.

Screamin' Heaps of Fun!
By RocknXJ on 08/12/06 14:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Maserati GranSport Spyder 2dr Convertible (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This little drop top kicks tail. Even with the top down on the highway you can carry on a conversation without raising your voice. It's a one of a kind vehicle that draws a lot of attention. In sport mode, the Cambiocorsa gearshift works beautifully; it's a bit sluggish in normal mode. Turn off the MSP and it definitely lays rubber down. The seats are supportive and comfortable. The automatic soft top is a very nice feature. I wish it had a better stereo, that's about my only real complaint.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.