Used 2014 Maserati Ghibli Sedan Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Maserati Ghibli Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2014 Maserati Ghibli Sedan

View reviews for a specific Ghibli model:

My worst luxury car experience
By Fernando Mazzoni

2014 Maserati Ghibli Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

If you are looking for a reliable car, this is not the one. Don't let you drive for the awesome exterior design.
In six month has been 4 times at the dealer because of several issues. They said the car has 400 horse power. My mistake was not to ask what kind of horses were those. Looks like they are hungry small ponies. The fuel consumption is insane for what you get. Forget about acceleration. I had a Diesel Porche Cayenne before and that was really fast. I've paid for an upgrade for the sound system ... the sound is worst than a cheap Korean car. The quality of the screen for the rear camera is the same one I got with my old Commodore 64 in the 80'. If you want to buy something to drink do not expect to find a cup holder where your drink will fit.
The mats are going to be wherever they want, the clips are not going to hold them. Sits are design to drive short distance. Diver sit couldn't be more uncomfortable. If your plan is to travel and leave the car in the Garage, make your trip shorter than 3 weeks otherwise you will need a battery charger.
My advise...with this money you fill find sever other options better than this one.

2.5 Years in and I've learned my lesson
By Sam K.

2014 Maserati Ghibli Sedan S Q4 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I've been an S-Class owner for 15 years, but decided that I wanted to go small. The Maserati Quattroporte was a looker, but I was familiar with its issues. Hence, the Ghibli made a lot of sense on paper. Price was right, size was right, looks were right. Ordered the car without knowing the price. When it was delivered, my word it was like the first time I saw an R8, it was gorgeous. However, after owning it, I've found it to be a Chrysler in an Armani suit.

The transmission is clunky and slow in comfort mode, but too aggressive in sport. It'd be nice if there was an auto mode to filter that issue. The car is TOO LOW. It scrapes everything. For a mid-size sedan, why must I treat every incline like a Ferrari. A lift-system is necessary. The brakes are the most sensitive and inconsistent I've ever felt. I thought that my A8 was difficult to modulate, but this Ghibli is another animal. Lastly, the maintenance....it's a sub-$90k car full optioned, so why is the maintenance the same as a Bentley. You'll be paying easily $1,200 for an annual maintenance. Save yourself the money and purchase a proper German vehicle..unless you enjoy teenage boys taking pictures of your car wherever you go.

That's my two-cents.

A real looker!
By Joe D

2014 Maserati Ghibli Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Just go for test drive. That's all I have to say. I have ( 2014 Q4 )

Nice Car But Expected More
By Doug

2014 Maserati Ghibli Sedan S Q4 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

The car is a beautiful design and it comes at a fair price point. However, at the same token, I expected a lot more for the price. I traded in a 2012 Merceds-Benz C300 4Matic and the Mercedes had more reliable features than the Maserati! And aside from the power of the Maserati, the performance of the Mercedes was comparable (and much less costly).

I do hear a slight rattle at time in the front that of course the dealer can not replicate. Additionally, I hear a "swooshing" sound at all speeds (perhaps this is the Turbo intake but it is distracting and seems a bit odd to me. Dealer denies any issues found). By far the worst feature on the car is the Garmin navigation. It is horrible! It often just shuts off (very annoying when in the middle of finding where I am) and resets. Literally happens at least 4-5 times in a one hour trip. Never had a single time where it did not do this. Horrible. The Mercedes GPS - 100% reliable, 100% of the time.

I understand most cars are going to this but the lack of a hard copy user manual is a bit frustrating. The Sirius radio also does not have as many available features as I had on the Mercedes.

All that said, it is a head turner and I really like the design and it does not give me much trouble. Would I buy one again? Probably not, but again it is not a terrible car.

Stay away from Maserati
By talegadr

2014 Maserati Ghibli Sedan S Q4 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I have owned a Maserati Ghibli Q4 for the past year. As a 53 year old man who has driven many luxury cars in the past, my word of advise is to stay away from this car. I have never experienced so many problems with a car as I have with this one. And it's not only the car, their costumer service is absolutely ridiculous. I get a lot more service from the Toyota dealers than the Maserati people. Save yourself a huge headache and maybe a suicide note. Stay away from the name Maserati.

The old name "Maserati"

The creators of Ghibli must drive one for a while to find out what nightmare the have created. And their customer service should learn a few things about the word "customer service". They are truly a piece of work.