2014 Maserati Ghibli Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Maserati Ghibli - Consumer Reviews

2014 Maserati Ghibli

View reviews for a specific Ghibli model:

Most Helpful|
Not Impressed
By Kingsley Ozoude

2014 Maserati Ghibli S Q4 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I have had my Ghibli QS4 since July, 2014. The car has the worst 'upgraded' radio of any car most readers of this review has today. The dealer replaced my amplifier but the problem persists. The airflow to the floor is terrible, comes out mostly at the windshield. That they also don't know how to fix. The seat belt clip is low that it takes spraining ones back just to click the seat belt. The car even would not start on 2 occasions, embarrassing! It's a shame that since 1914, Maserati has not figured out these seemingly simple things. If you have more than $75K to spend, you better spend it on a car with luxury and performance. I own high end BMW, MB, Porsche, AUDI. Ghibli is a disgrace.

Favorite Features

Different and uncommon Styling

Suggested Improvements

Everything intuitive and simple---Real sound system, higher seat belt click, Better voice Command, The car occasionally jumps on cornering; that could be a problem on snow or slick road, low driver's headroom, etc.

Man what a car!!
By happy1147

2014 Maserati Ghibli S Q4 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I love my car. Fast and handles well on WV roads. Makes my Corvette look like family sedan. Great performance and an eye pleaser especially when my blonde wife drives it. Made a few Camaro and Mustang believers when the old man leaves them in the breeze. Go Trident!!

Favorite Features

Speed, looks and handling plus great exhaust for a little old V-6

Suggested Improvements

Keep up the good work and add cruise monitoring.

Perfect lease car
By johnfsteph

2014 Maserati Ghibli S Q4 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I've had my car since mid October 2014 and so far no major problems. The car drives really nice and the exhaust is fantastic. My only complaint are the small rattles in the car. Nothing too big, just a little annoying. I am confident the dealer will resolve when I bring it in for service...

Favorite Features

Exhaust note Handling

Suggested Improvements

Resolve the rattles and use upgraded materials for the interior. Gas mileage; 12 to 14 miles to a gallon is very poor these days

I love the performance
By csperling

2014 Maserati Ghibli S Q4 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I love the sleek and sexy look of the car....performance is incredible and sound is amazing...it ends there... ...inside the vehicle you would not expect to find the following lack of quirks and lack of details from the manufacture; THOUGH HERE THEY ARE: constant rattles from the glove box, dashboard, rear doors, windows and rear seats. Window seals inviting in the open road air in as you drive. The worst sound system I have ever had in any vehicle. Car floor mats which are of the lowest quality I have ever had. The CHEAPES PAINT "MICA' which scratches if you blow on the vehicle too hard.. Even with all of the above conditions, driving the vehicle is still a pleasure and an art.

Favorite Features

Driving experience in Sport Manual Mode and the sound.

Suggested Improvements

I hope that on the next generation of this car that Maseratti places as much emphasis on the mentioned details which they have exemplary done with the engine, handling & performance. Improve fuel mileage...I average 12 - 15mpg combined.

No all weather tires???
By drdom80

2014 Maserati Ghibli 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I leased the 2014 Ghibli and what they neglected to tell me is that it doesn't have all weather tires. You need winter tires and summer tires. If the weather drops to 50 degrees or below, the tires sense the cold and cuts the fuel to the engine causing a severe "bucking" feeling when pulling onto a main road from a stop street. Masserati isn't doing anything about this issue and they have been the worst customer service company I have ever dealt with. I would not recommend Maserati to anyone. I call to speak with someone and all you get is a voicemail or they are always in a meeting. If you leave a message you're lucky if they call you back. Horrible customer service.

Favorite Features

Engine sound on acceleration. Sleek look.

Suggested Improvements

All weather tires on all vehicles. Be upfront with the customers. They need better customer service for supposedly a high end company.