2014 Maserati Ghibli Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Maserati Ghibli - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ghibli model:

Stay away from Maserati
By talegadr

2014 Maserati Ghibli S Q4 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I have owned a Maserati Ghibli Q4 for the past year. As a 53 year old man who has driven many luxury cars in the past, my word of advise is to stay away from this car. I have never experienced so many problems with a car as I have with this one. And it's not only the car, their costumer service is absolutely ridiculous. I get a lot more service from the Toyota dealers than the Maserati people. Save yourself a huge headache and maybe a suicide note. Stay away from the name Maserati.

The old name "Maserati"

The creators of Ghibli must drive one for a while to find out what nightmare the have created. And their customer service should learn a few things about the word "customer service". They are truly a piece of work.

Wonderful Car
By Chuck Easttom

2014 Maserati Ghibli 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I always drive upper end cars and trade every 2 years...I think I will keep this one. It is great to drive and feels wonderful. I have had Jaguars, Cadillac's, Mercedes, even a Bentley Continental...but the Ghibli is a sublime combination of Jaguar performance with Cadillac comfort and Bentley curb appeal.

The performance. It drives like a dream. I also like the Garmin GPS and the voice activation.

Seats could be more comfortable and they could always add more tech. Like a Heads Up Display.

No all weather tires???
By drdom80

2014 Maserati Ghibli 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I leased the 2014 Ghibli and what they neglected to tell me is that it doesn't have all weather tires. You need winter tires and summer tires. If the weather drops to 50 degrees or below, the tires sense the cold and cuts the fuel to the engine causing a severe "bucking" feeling when pulling onto a main road from a stop street. Masserati isn't doing anything about this issue and they have been the worst customer service company I have ever dealt with. I would not recommend Maserati to anyone. I call to speak with someone and all you get is a voicemail or they are always in a meeting. If you leave a message you're lucky if they call you back. Horrible customer service.

Engine sound on acceleration. Sleek look.

All weather tires on all vehicles. Be upfront with the customers. They need better customer service for supposedly a high end company.

Not Impressed
By Kingsley Ozoude

2014 Maserati Ghibli S Q4 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I have had my Ghibli QS4 since July, 2014. The car has the worst 'upgraded' radio of any car most readers of this review has today. The dealer replaced my amplifier but the problem persists. The airflow to the floor is terrible, comes out mostly at the windshield. That they also don't know how to fix. The seat belt clip is low that it takes spraining ones back just to click the seat belt. The car even would not start on 2 occasions, embarrassing! It's a shame that since 1914, Maserati has not figured out these seemingly simple things. If you have more than $75K to spend, you better spend it on a car with luxury and performance. I own high end BMW, MB, Porsche, AUDI. Ghibli is a disgrace.

Different and uncommon Styling

Everything intuitive and simple---Real sound system, higher seat belt click, Better voice Command, The car occasionally jumps on cornering; that could be a problem on snow or slick road, low driver's headroom, etc.

Perfect lease car
By johnfsteph

2014 Maserati Ghibli S Q4 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I've had my car since mid October 2014 and so far no major problems. The car drives really nice and the exhaust is fantastic. My only complaint are the small rattles in the car. Nothing too big, just a little annoying. I am confident the dealer will resolve when I bring it in for service...

Exhaust note Handling

Resolve the rattles and use upgraded materials for the interior. Gas mileage; 12 to 14 miles to a gallon is very poor these days