2005 Maserati Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Coupe model:
Ever see a lemon on wheels?
By e on 01/19/08 23:32 PM (PST)

2005 Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

First a blowout then the sensors couldn't differentiate between a stop sign, red light and intentional turn off of the car. The result was the car spent more time in the shop and with AAA roadside assistance or Maz roadside assistance than on the road with me. The little gear shift is easily broken (esp by valets @ $1500 a pop ) and you can get service for an easy $500-800 anytime it is due. The 1st 2000 miles were awesome. The rest absolutely stunk and I felt extremely insecure. Maybe if I rotated the tires every 5k miles it would have handled better but this turkey is not recommended.

Terrific GT Car
By GEORGE on 08/22/07 07:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Maserati Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I have never owned a car which has attracted so much favorable attention. People assume it is an Italian exotic in the same price range as Ferrari. It is more fun to drive than any car I have ever driven. Plenty fast with the great Ferrari built engine and beautifully balanced handling.

For a Hobby Only
By sklein on 12/21/06 23:57 PM (PST)

2005 Maserati Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

This car is not all that great. The tires are 90 days backlogged (so buy a new set of four if one goes). It has software problems that cause stalling and no real answer. For $80,000 or there abouts, it is a bit rough (and I am just referring to the time it takes on the phone). The check engine light has been on since I purchased it and when it was "fixed" it lasted two minutes.

Bonding with my Maserati Coupe
By Tom R on 07/07/06 11:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

Just completed a 2,100 mile round trip from Florida to Tennessee. During this time I got a chance to experience everything the Maserati has to offer. My car was extremely comfortable on long highway in Florida and Georgia were I averaged 80 mph. The Skyhook suspension is amazing, even with ultra low profile performance tires the ride is never harsh in normal or sport mode. In Tennessee on the curvy mountain roads the Shyhook suspension kept the car flat and predictable. It is much easier to drive at high speeds in the curves than my wife's Corvette. Its overall gas mileage for the trip was 21.2 mpg, which is really not too bad especially with the aggressive driving done in TN.

fun to drive!
By pc on 07/17/05 23:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

city slickers rejoice, here's something new and for those of us that missed the suburban get your permit( @15 1/2!) and drive lifestyle finally a fun to drive car with a clutch free manual drive that gives us the feeling we too are driving experts!.the cc coupe is the 1st car i've driven that encourages accelerating into turns and surprises as there seems to be no centrifugal force when turning. furthermore the paddles on either sides of the steering wheel easily allow for upward/downward shifting and the car is as tight as any.there is an automatic option and it handles magnificently and feels quite sturdy despite the aluminum frame.you might also enjoy the awe others have for this beauty.

Love this car
By Mrdc on 07/09/05 13:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

Purchased this car in march of this year. Love the handling and look of the car the only con is fuel economy.

My Maserati
By Voila on 07/05/05 16:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

I've had my Maserati for a year now and I had an Aston Martin DB7 before this CambioCorsa. When you buy this car, make sure you buy it with the paddle shifting. It's a blast to drive and so far is the most reliable exotic I've owned. The performance is great and the back seats are perfect for adults. The service department in Atlanta is a pleasure to work with. I give this car an "A" as an every day driving car.

Love it
By jaynat on 05/27/05 11:01 AM (PDT)

Love it...I'm 6'3'' and this car fits me to a tee, plenty of room,

Blast to drive
By Chuck on 03/22/05 01:26 AM (PST)

2005 Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

Maserati Cambiocorsa has been a fun car to drive everyday. It's exterior styling is unique and exotic, the interior wraps you in full Italian leather, and the note of the engine is unsurpassed by any other car less than $100,000. The backseat is small but useful and holds two children. I find myself looking for places to drive in this car. Its 4 year, 48,000 mile warranty lessens the risk of this exotic costing you a fortune. I have not had any major repairs required yet. I have owned the car for six months and would purchase it again today if I needed another car.