2002 Maserati Coupe 4.2L V8 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Factory Delivery was Wonderful!

2002 Maserati Coupe - Consumer Review

GT Coupe (4.2L V8 6-speed Manual)

Factory Delivery was Wonderful!
By Glines on

2002 Maserati Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I bought the Coupe and took delivery at the Modena factory, a real treat! I have enjoyed the Coupe in every facet of driving both in Italy and the US. The '02 improved design and Marrinella produced 400 hp dry sump V8 have turned out to be a great combo, even after moving from a Ferrari! There has only been one draw back, that has been the terrible service and attitude from my dealer. They appearently have sold too many cars and neither have the capacity, customer service training, or ability to deal with this exotic or the other brands they handle.

Favorite Features

The Skyhook suspension works well on all road surfaces. I like how this car has actual 2+2 seating room for 4 adults, quality construction, great fit and finish, and good dependability. I love my leather head liner + custome colors. Buy the 6 speed stick, the F-1 paddle shift has not been perfected and is still herky jerky. People love this car.

Suggested Improvements

A service appointment request is a three week wait, after they order parts, then they keep the car an excessive amount of time, two weeks in one case! Too bad, this is a great car, just with lousy service execution. Also, the car phone / emergency does not operable in the U.S.