Kick in the Pants!
By Ciao Bello 2 on
2002 Maserati Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6M)
One of my all time favorite cars. I have driven a lot of semiexotics and exotics. From a 1957 Porsche 356 to a 3rd gen RX-7 to Jags and Bimmers. This car performs like a Ferrari without the maintenance headache and cost. Very reliable with road couth for a high performer and still a head turner after 5 years on the road. Creature comforts but will still make the hair on the back of the neck of the dude in front of you raise up as he respectfully pulls over into the slow lane. A true 4-seater as it is functional enough to pick up my 2 kids from school. Hot enough to drive with my wife on short day trips and feel as if you are in a 2-seater.
Favorite Features
Leather everything. Sound of the exhaust note is wonderful (the stereo system is a premium sound system that is rarely on). Knowing that you are driving a race car with all the comfort features of a lux sedan. No air noise when at speed with all windows down. Very nice fit & finish.
Suggested Improvements
Older style DVD nav system was a waste, more dials and less idiot lights on the dash would be a (+). Had some problems with the rear view mirror holding on the wind shield, the black paint holds the heat which loosens the adhesive.... engineering goof up #1. Stiff trunk release #2.