2002 Maserati Coupe Consumer Review: Great car, when not in the sho

2002 Maserati Coupe - Consumer Review

Cambiocorsa Coupe (4.2L V8 6-speed Automated Manual)

Great car, when not in the shop
By carlcvw7 on

2002 Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

I've had My Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa for two years and drive it daily to work 30 miles each way. It is an absolute pleasure to drive. I love the sound of the exhaust and the acceleartion is breathtaking, just don't floor it on wet pavement. In automatic mode the shifts are very clunky and need to be smoothed out. The paddle shifting in sport mode is a blast and is extremely fast at high rpm. Maserati needs more dealerships. Mine is two hours away and I'm in an urban area. I have had a major failure of the cambio gearbox twice, requiring towing from the freeway (scary), and two weeks in the shop each time. I think one more will qualify my car for the lemon law. I love the car, though I'd really hesitate to get another one, given the gearbox failures.

Acceleration, handling, exhaust sound, exterior and interior looks

Smoother Automatic mode; Cambio gearbox reliability; eliminate automatic double shifting when stopping in sport mode.