2002 Maserati Coupe 4.2L V8 6-speed Automated Manual Consumer Review - Best performance vehicle for the

2002 Maserati Coupe - Consumer Review

Cambiocorsa Coupe (4.2L V8 6-speed Automated Manual)

Best performance vehicle for the dollar
By JSN on

2002 Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

I bought the Maserati Cambiocorsa because ist was within my budget, $60,000. I saw NOTHING that even came close. It has 390hp, dry sump oil, ferrari motor, dry clutch/paddle shifter, 18 inch wheels... it is all about speed, control and fun. This car is a blast. I drive it every day to and from work (10 miles each way), and sometimes even on errands like shopping. The trunk is adequate for most tasks. It seats four adults comfortably. Has hooks a for child seat. My four year old LOVES to ride in it. She calls it Daddy's "race car" and urges me to go faster. So far it has been extremely reliable. It did have one major repair, the clutch. This was probably from pervious owner abuse, but dealer replaced entire clutch under warranty - which, by the way, is five years!

Favorite Features

I love the the 390+ hp Ferrari-built engine, dry dump oil, dry clutch paddle shifter, style, speed (0-60 in 4.6 seconds), and price.

Suggested Improvements

The ability to hook up ANY standard audio system would be a major plus. As it is, you cannot use third party systems and custom ones are too expensive to be worth it. The included CD/stereo is very good for most though.