2002 Maserati Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Coupe model:
Kick in the Pants!
By Ciao Bello 2 on 08/05/08 00:17 AM (PDT)

2002 Maserati Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

One of my all time favorite cars. I have driven a lot of semiexotics and exotics. From a 1957 Porsche 356 to a 3rd gen RX-7 to Jags and Bimmers. This car performs like a Ferrari without the maintenance headache and cost. Very reliable with road couth for a high performer and still a head turner after 5 years on the road. Creature comforts but will still make the hair on the back of the neck of the dude in front of you raise up as he respectfully pulls over into the slow lane. A true 4-seater as it is functional enough to pick up my 2 kids from school. Hot enough to drive with my wife on short day trips and feel as if you are in a 2-seater.

Factory Delivery was Wonderful!
By Glines on 07/31/06 14:12 PM (PDT)

2002 Maserati Coupe GT 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6M)

I bought the Coupe and took delivery at the Modena factory, a real treat! I have enjoyed the Coupe in every facet of driving both in Italy and the US. The '02 improved design and Marrinella produced 400 hp dry sump V8 have turned out to be a great combo, even after moving from a Ferrari! There has only been one draw back, that has been the terrible service and attitude from my dealer. They appearently have sold too many cars and neither have the capacity, customer service training, or ability to deal with this exotic or the other brands they handle.

Maserai Clutch Problems
By jeffm on 04/28/06 23:48 PM (PDT)

2002 Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

This is a nice car with the worst clutch I have ever had. I've gone through three clutches in 17,000 miles and the new one seems no better. Save your repair money and buy something else. The clutch is a real lemon and Maserati will not cover any repairs (the warranty is void for the clutch the day you drive it out the door, as in a zero mile warranty). I've owned many sports cars over the years and the clutch problem is the worst I have seen.

Dream Car
By Rich on 02/24/06 21:22 PM (PST)

2002 Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

I have owned many cars and a few of them were sports cars but never have I owned such a true sports car with style and detail similar to an expensive Italian suit. This lines on the exterior and the design of the interior is a work of art.

Best performance vehicle for the dollar
By JSN on 12/31/05 23:21 PM (PST)

2002 Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

I bought the Maserati Cambiocorsa because ist was within my budget, $60,000. I saw NOTHING that even came close. It has 390hp, dry sump oil, ferrari motor, dry clutch/paddle shifter, 18 inch wheels... it is all about speed, control and fun. This car is a blast. I drive it every day to and from work (10 miles each way), and sometimes even on errands like shopping. The trunk is adequate for most tasks. It seats four adults comfortably. Has hooks a for child seat. My four year old LOVES to ride in it. She calls it Daddy's "race car" and urges me to go faster. So far it has been extremely reliable. It did have one major repair, the clutch. This was probably from pervious owner abuse, but dealer replaced entire clutch under warranty - which, by the way, is five years!

Great car, when not in the shop
By carlcvw7 on 04/23/05 17:43 PM (PDT)

2002 Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

I've had My Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa for two years and drive it daily to work 30 miles each way. It is an absolute pleasure to drive. I love the sound of the exhaust and the acceleartion is breathtaking, just don't floor it on wet pavement. In automatic mode the shifts are very clunky and need to be smoothed out. The paddle shifting in sport mode is a blast and is extremely fast at high rpm. Maserati needs more dealerships. Mine is two hours away and I'm in an urban area. I have had a major failure of the cambio gearbox twice, requiring towing from the freeway (scary), and two weeks in the shop each time. I think one more will qualify my car for the lemon law. I love the car, though I'd really hesitate to get another one, given the gearbox failures.

Heads will turn...
By masserman7 on 04/07/05 20:48 PM (PDT)

2002 Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

I have nothing but praise for my Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa. It is a solid machine with style and performance to match. It has linear acceleration that roars and gets (sometimes unwanted) attention. Yee who fear the rumble of a throaty V8, beware. Prepare to set off car alarms in parking garages and scare small children and animals. Things most likely seen in rear view mirror inslude Audi S4s, BMW M3s, Chevrolet Corvettes. Even the new 2005 Astin Martin V8 Vantage is a 1/10th second slower 0-60 and has 10 fewer horse power (not to mention the fact that it is twice the price).

A Year Later
By woodman on 08/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

I've owned the Maser Coupe Cambrio for a year now. Amazing Car. As good as it gets, period..... Break the mold

cambiocorsa
By dink on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa 2dr Coupe (4.2L 8cyl 6AM)

What a great car. This automobile offers Ferrari performance with manageable power. It is great fun at 80 miles per hour and below. I do have a 360 and it is a lot of fun as it should be, but the Maserati is more driver friendly and the F1 (Cambiocorsa) transmission is the most fun you can have in a car. There is a lot of driver involvement and the fit and finish is second to none.

IT'S BACK..FUN,FUN,FUN
By DebbieT on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Simply beautiful car...Interiorcan't be beat...Fun to drive...Simply Love It