Street Legal Race Car
By SanDiegan on
2008 Lotus Exige S 240 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)
This is my second Lotus. My first was an 05 Elise with 190bhp, a soft top, and standard ("Touring") suspension. My new S240 could not be a more different car. This Exige is serious business. The acceleration is spectacular; when you get on the throttle the supercharger sounds like a jet engine and you quickly become one with the driver's seat. I really enjoyed the handling and cornering of the Elise, but the Exige S240 with the Track Pack is not to be believed. The capability of this car to corner hard with minimal body roll is unlike anything you have experienced before (including 360 Modena's and Gallardo's that I have driven).
Favorite Features
This is a purpose built car; it's key strengths are acceleration, torque, handling, and excellent communication between the road and driver. This is a great weekend track car that you can drive to and from the track. I also use mine as a daily driver, although this is not for everyone.
Suggested Improvements
Significantly better build quality over the 05 Model Year, but it is still a Lotus! Minor annoyances here and there, but nothing serious.