2008 Lotus Exige Consumer Review: And I thought my N/A Exige was

2008 Lotus Exige - Consumer Review

S 240 Coupe (1.8L 4-cyl. Supercharger 6-speed Manual)

And I thought my N/A Exige was HOT!
By Al B, Bach on

2008 Lotus Exige S 240 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Well, this is the second Exige I've bought and for those that thought the S version was hot in 07, this limited 240S for US release in 08 is just outstanding. I'll put this simply, this is the street version track car. Not much has changed overall, unless you count the interior is redone, has the launch capability, better, bigger brakes, 4 piston calipers and (gasp) a cupholder! Now, I didn't think that Lotus could improve the Exige, even with the superchager in 07. I waited since my first one was the first release without the SC. I was going to buy the track version, but heard that I should wait. I'm glad I did... so worth it! This Exige is is the BEST! Words can't describe the feeling

Launch control, new look to interior but still spartan and distraction free, very crisp(er) throttle response with the 240S over the S. Again, this is the Exiges' Exige. This car just blows me away, and I've had an Exige for two years now. Now my problem is which one to drive.

OK, the reality check. View this as a cons list. The car is NOT utilitarian in ANY sense of the word. IF YOU DON"T ENJOY DRIVING, THEN THIS CAR IS NOT FOR YOU. If I was going to have a gripe... a cupholder, in this car? Lotus has a sense of humor, someone at marketing had to have a joke over this!