Exige, Mighty Mini Supercar
By Al B Bach on
2006 Lotus Exige 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 6M)
Exige will take you're breath away. Not a practical utilitarian car by any means. This car car is designed for one purpose: to be driven on back twisty roads where the adrenaline flows through your veins. This is a "me" car that spells out individuality with F1 roots. This car is for serious drivers in a small niche track drivers, car enthusiasts and those that want pure performance without killing the pocket book. From its 150lb chassis to the hand layer fiber body it is definitely worth the wait for an order to be processed for the US market. I waited since 2004 for mine since the first US announcement for ramp up in Nov 2005, delivery was Feb 2006. Only 300 made and I'm glad I got mine.
Favorite Features
The spartan interior makes for a no distraction free zone. I'ts you and the car. Forget the luxury items, there are none. No trunk to speak of, throw your gear bag and helmet in and you're packed to race. This is like sitting in a cruise missile. You have simply to think about your line, Exige does it.
Suggested Improvements
The supercharger would be nice for the US model, the extra 40hp would be a great boon for the mid-end performance. The addition of the front driving lights offered in the UK would be nice since it is prewired. The tow ring is too small in the kit and needs to be larger.